All In All, All Accomplishments, Criticisms Aside, The Truest And Most Important Moment And Game This Year Is Coming

The game vs coughlin and the gmen is our truest test. They are two time superbowl champions, they have ousted the packers, the pats, and some of the best in route to unbelievable runs in postseason including the blowout of our dear falcons not long ago.

They run the ball, they are well balanced on offense with a smart qb that doesnt make mistakes when it counts most. They are disciplined with a fierce pass rush on obvious passing plays so you dont want to drift behind against them or get one dimensional.

This game will sum up what we are or are not made of. I think we have to treat this game as if it is the superbowl, and bring out everything we have. Its truly a blessing to have a trial shot right before the real deal and to not take advantage would be foolish and arrogant.

You know coughlin will have them ready to play, and will also treat this game similarly, this is our trial run.

Give it all you got, and most importantly, learn from it and use it to your advantage

PLEASE

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every game for the last 10 weeks has been our truest test. Don't believe me? I submit that with the way the Panties' edge rushers abused our O-Line and our QB, we'd better show that we can handle them next week or I'll start to doubt the Birds, myself. Last week, it was Urinew Orleans that was a monkey on our back that we had to take care of. The week before, it was Tampon Bay that was the trendy pick for "best team in the NFC South". It goes on and on. We can worry about the Giants in two weeks. Let's just beat the Kitties first, though.

and they got destroyed by the bengals, lost to the cowboys at home, and somehow, someway, lost to the eagles.

They're still the SB champs and obliterated GB last week. And the opposite of us. Not as good regular season but champions in the playoffs.

Edited by fuego

Different week same 'must' win team defining game according to you guys.

I won't start worrying about those til the playoffs start.

Not a 'must' win. But they're probably the best team we play this year, and they are the current SB champs. So the game will show us something.

I've said all season the Giants game will be atlantas statement game of the year.

Agreed! But I look at things differently. I look no farther than our next game, the panties. More reps, what works, what doesn't, whatta we gotta do to fix it. Gives our younger players more experience before we face the Goliath that did us in previously.

win or loss, the giants game wont mean much. it's the ever moving goal posts. beat manning on monday night? well can you go across country on a short week and win? oh yea? can you win @ philly? oh yea? can you beat the cowboys in primetime? oh yea? can you win a road game against the resurgent bucs? oh yea? can you beat the saints? oh yea? can you beat the giants?

it's all about the playoffs

We have a mini-bye and then our final push to head into the playoffs with maybe our starters getting rested against Tampa and a bye going into the playoffs so if we win the next 3 in a convincing fashion it would build serious momentum going into playoffs and then also let us have a good extended look at our players that don't get alot of playing time week 17. We've passed every test this year folks after Carolina we have our last true test to see what we got cos this Giants team is gearing up for a big playoff push of their own and we will get their absolute best shot cos just as bad as we may want to avenge our last game with them they will want to solidify themselves against us. A bad loss against them could crush the locker room.

win or loss, the giants game wont mean much. it's the ever moving goal posts. beat manning on monday night? well can you go across country on a short week and win? oh yea? can you win @ philly? oh yea? can you beat the cowboys in primetime? oh yea? can you win a road game against the resurgent bucs? oh yea? can you beat the saints? oh yea? can you beat the giants?

it's all about the playoffs

Yep , I honestly see us starting to rest people by that game. Its just another game that means a lot to fans but in the greater scheme of things its just another game lessened more by the fact we will have already clinched. I want to win it badly but it is what it is.

Seriously someone said this about every game we've played , and each time its NO BUT REALLY THIS ONE IS THE REAL TEST. I enjoy it.

There's no way in the world we'd be resting anyone when the Giants come here. It's the week after next, and homefield can not be secured prior to that game.

If the Falcons win the division and start resting people instead of fighting for homefield, everyone in the organization should be fired.