The "pro" Refs

fansince78

Back when the substitute refs were calling the games, they was a lot of outcry for the NFL to work out a deal with the "pro" refs. Since the return of these supposed professionals we have seen a lot of missed calls, blown calls and blatantly bias calls made by these guys in order to give certain teams advantage over their opponents. Thursday night, the Falcons had to beat both the Saints and the "pro" refs in order to win the game.

I will ask now the same thing I asked before these idiots returned. Why did some of you want these guys back so bad? I think the substitutes made mistakes, but they would have gotten better over time. The "pro" refs will remain as bad as they are and nothing has changed.

Guest Negatorris

The difference between the replacements and 'regular' officials were that the replacements weren't biased and it obviously showed. The 'regulars' had way more credibility though, but at the end of the day the 'regulars' are no more competent than the replacements were. And the replacements were cheaper.

I knew it would happen this way. The players, coaches, and news media all jumped on board the bandwagon but now that the "real" officials are back, nobody has anything to say. Players and coaches would be fined for saying half of what they said during the lockout about the officiating.

And where in h*ll are Jerry Markbreit and Mike Pereira now? They made a point to tell us what calls were blown during the lockout but not once since then have they been on record to talk about these clowns blowing calls.

I was enjoying the other refs (I don't call them replacements because it's impossible to be a replacement anything...you either are the ref or you're not) and then they went away.

It was a lot of fun watching them huddle together every other play and try to figure out what just happened. And when one of them would signal 'touchdown' and another one 3 feet away would signal 'incomplete' and a third one 'interception' and a fourth one throws a flag...well, it just doesn't get any better than that.

I really don't think it was as much the quality of the call or how many calls they missed, but how they were administered.

Spots were wrong alot, penalties were enforced for the worng amount of yardage, extra challenges given, etc...

Both the regular refs and replacement refs miss the same amount of calls, but the standard refs are much better and faster at administering the rules/penalties/spots, etc... I think that's why there is less outcry.

Less outcry because of fines. I watched a game between the Steelers and Giants. In one 10 minute span, they called pass interference on a very good play, personal foul (shot to the head when the player left due to bruised ribs; the blow was below pad level) that gave the Giants a 1st and goal from the one yard line, and a fumble when the ball was in Roethlisberger's Big Ben's hand all the way through the throwing motion and traveled five yards forward. A Giants player picked up the last one and ran 80 yards for a touchdown. I'm not into conspiracies, but that just mean the crew was incompetent. And that ain't better, in my book.

With us playing in so many close games, the officials have a more prominent role. Blow some of these losers out at home and you guys won't have so much to fuel your conspiracy theories.

Give me a break if they called the obvious PI on Roddy we would have really blown the Saints. Not to mention the offsides they called extremely late on Abe when we picked off Drew Brees for the 5th time was a terrible call he wasn't even cross the line by the time the ball was halfway to Brees in the shotgun. We get hosed by the refs especially against the Saints on a regular basis

Back when the substitute refs were calling the games, they was a lot of outcry for the NFL to work out a deal with the "pro" refs. Since the return of these supposed professionals we have seen a lot of missed calls, blown calls and blatantly bias calls made by these guys in order to give certain teams advantage over their opponents. Thursday night, the Falcons had to beat both the Saints and the "pro" refs in order to win the game.

I will ask now the same thing I asked before these idiots returned. Why did some of you want these guys back so bad? I think the substitutes made mistakes, but they would have gotten better over time. The "pro" refs will remain as bad as they are and nothing has changed.

good post my feathered friend!! With all the bounty gate stuff--why hasnt the officiating in any of those games been questioned? NFL net wont air the Vikings Saints NFCC game on replay because it was so bad. Yet it continues. NO was raping our receivers Thurs and in Week 10. Travesty!

Give me a break if they called the obvious PI on Roddy we would have really blown the Saints. Not to mention the offsides they called extremely late on Abe when we picked off Drew Brees for the 5th time was a terrible call he wasn't even cross the line by the time the ball was halfway to Brees in the shotgun. We get hosed by the refs especially against the Saints on a regular basis

Yet the officials called back a critical Saints TD and didn't manufacture an extra second for N.O. at the end of the first half. They must have forgotten their bias.

Lets not forget the refs failing to blow the whistle when turners progress was not only stoped for three full seconds but as he tried to sit down the saints literally held him up the whistle should have been blown seconds earlier but the refs wanted to give no more time to strip the ball thats the real proof of biasness because on that play there were seconds to make the right call and blow the play dead not split second decision

Lets not forget the refs failing to blow the whistle when turners progress was not only stoped for three full seconds but as he tried to sit down the saints literally held him up the whistle should have been blown seconds earlier but the refs wanted to give no more time to strip the ball thats the real proof of biasness because on that play there were seconds to make the right call and blow the play dead not split second decision

I don't think there's any real bias from the refs but I do agree that the non-whistle on Turner's run was absolute nonsense. That play was dead for about 3 seconds before the ball finally came out.

That forward progress call pissed me off more then any call in recent memory. I was steaming.