Who Would You Vote For In The Heisman Race?

Sui_Generis

Around October of 2011, during a Friday night high school football game, my cell phone rings. On the other end is my over exuberant friend Bobby from Kerrville, TX.

He told me that night that their QB would take the college football world by storm when he attended UT. I said ok and laughed. He then went on to tell me this kid would eventually win a Heisman too. I then reminded him that he isn't supposed to have liquor at a high school game.

Well, here we are just over a year later and though Mack Brown didnt recruit Johnny Manziel, Sumlin did. Now A&M has potentially a Heisman winner on their hands.

If I had a vote, that's who it would go to, no doubt. Johnny Football. So, while Sumlin and my friend Bobby laugh at the rest who doubted I have a funny feeling the rest of the SEC isn't exactly feeling like laughing.

Edited by Sui_Generis

Aaron Murray if he has a big game against Bama today. That's the only reason Manziel is in the discussion. Murray's team would be 12-1 and playing for a national title while Manziel's Aggies sit on 10-2 at the house waiting for the Cotton Bowl.

If that doesn't happen though I would say Manziel easy. Teo doesn't deserve it just for being a great dude with a story.

Aaron Murray if he has a big game against Bama today. That's the only reason Manziel is in the discussion. Murray's team would be 12-1 and playing for a national title while Manziel's Aggies sit on 10-2 at the house waiting for the Cotton Bowl.

If that doesn't happen though I would say Manziel easy. Teo doesn't deserve it just for being a great dude with a story.

Manziel shattered the SEC touchdown record and UGA has arguably the most talent on D in the nation. Murray has struggled badly against quality teams. He has not carried UGA. Murray is over rated.

He isn't even the best player on the team, let alone the SEC or nation. But I guess that's your homer showing. I do however think Murray is a decent QB.

Edited by Sui_Generis

Manziel shattered the SEC touchdown record and UGA has arguably the most talent on D in the nation. Murray has struggled badly against quality teams. He has not carried UGA. Murray is over rated.

He isn't even the best player on the team, let alone the SEC or nation. But I guess that's your homer showing. I do however think Murray is a decent QB.

Manziel struggled against Florida and LSU. He wouldn't even be a thought for Heisman if not for winning in Tuscaloosa. I love Johnny Football but that's just real.

Not one QB is rated higher than Murray and UGA isn't where they are without him. Does he benefit from the defense? Sure, of course he does, but I don't understand how that hurts his case.

Murray more than likely won't get in the mix unless he has the game of his life against Bama. I'm fine with that, this isn't just a homer pick. I never trumpet UGA players for awards they don't deserve. Manziel is deserving and I see no problem with him winning it, but you asked who I would vote for and I don't think the answer I gave is ridiculous at all.

Aaron Murray:

Comp: 213 ATT: 320

Yards: 3201

Comp% 66.6

Ypa: 10.0

Td: 30 Int: 7. Rating: 177.1

3 rush Td

Johnny Manziel:

Comp: 273 Att: 400

Yards: 3419

Comp% 68.3

Ypa: 8.55

Td: 24 Int: 8 Rating: 155.9

21 rush td

Like you said I think the factor will be the win at Bama. Not only that but 45 td vs 33 td.

I still say Klein should win it. They both(Klein & Manziel) have good numbers, which are close on most parts. Both have played 4 top 25 teams(Kstate will play their 5ht ranked tonight). Johnny lost to 2 of them Klein won all 4. Kstate also only has 1 loss where as A&M has 2. And everyone knows how your team did DOES effect the voting. but main thing that makes me think this because Johnny is very good. Recruiting.. Look where Kstate has been ranked past few years. They were never ranked above 100 in recruiting what about A&M?? Klein has done as much if not more with far lesser talent. I would vote this was 1. Klein 2. Miller 3. Manziel

I think the loss to Baylor all but eliminated Klein. Unless he plays out of this world.

No way on Braxton miller. He may get an invite due to a watered down class. If Murray wins today he has to at least get consideration. He has been very effecient.

It will be interesting. I think if Teo had a few of his ints returned for Td he would have been a lock.

I said Miller because the way the vote happens. Hes the QB on a undefeated team. Everyone knows you can be the best player in America and loos a few games and your name is removed from the major voting. Id Love for Murray to be in the mix but the 2 best D's we've played he has struggled badly. Maybe today he can add his name to the mix. I think Manziel will come back to earth next year. **** loose 2 NFL caliber tackles.

Having a week off isn't helping Te'o or manziel any. Klein can play his way back into the race and a big game for Murray can get him into the conversation but I don't think he can win it at this point. The perception of his play in big games and the big loss to USCe will hold him back.

Having a week off isn't helping Te'o or manziel any. Klein can play his way back into the race and a big game for Murray can get him into the conversation but I don't think he can win it at this point. The perception of his play in big games and the big loss to USCe will hold him back.

Very true. That SC loss will keep Murray from winning even IF he has a huge game today, I do think. I may have been underestimating how bad that is on his season in full. He was abysmal in that game. OL didn't help him at all but it is what it is.

I think it's Manziel's to lose. Klein lost it with being a non factor against Baylor imo... but I suppose he could make up ground if he just flat out dominates Texas. K State would join a very short list of teams that have beaten both Oklahoma and Texas in the same season.

Shoot maybe Jarvis Jones gets back in the conversation with a big game today. Who knows... I would be very happy even if Jarvis just got invited, he's been a beast this year.

johnny football will have a new nickname, jonny heisman. also murray and jones are no where close to heisman talk and shouldnt be in the same state of heisman talk

yeah your right man they both suck id vote in this order Mike Gillislee, Jeff Driskel, Matt Elam, Bostic, and Krysty. Thats just me though

johnny football will have a new nickname, jonny heisman. also murray and jones are no where close to heisman talk and shouldnt be in the same state of heisman talk

Well said after the ******* loss. You're a real pro at this analysis stuff, chief.

You know Bama only started running so much because they had no answer for Jarvis Jones and our pass rush right? Saban even said that.

Gotta love rivals comin in like vultures. Dang... Florida could have been in Atlanta. But y'all WEREN'T because Georgia beat that ***. Driskel for Heisman!