Next Man Up......

jb 3.0

Call it bad luck that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a league-high $37.89 million in salaries on injured reserve this season. That total is led by the high salaries for guards Carl Nicks and Davin Joseph, defensive end Adrian Clayborn, linebacker Quincy Black, and offensive tackle Jeremy Trueblood. But also give credit to the Bucs for having a winning record and being in the playoff hunt despite missing a bunch of key ingredients.

Say what you want about the BUCS, but ANY of you try and tell us you believe your team could perform as well as these guys have, with all this considered.

Not to discredit your statement but I guess losing your best (and top 5 in the NFL) corner (Grimes) for the season and one of the best LB's (Spoon) for 5 games and stringing together an 11-1 record through the first 3 quarters of the season doesn't create ANY kind of argument...rolleyes.gif

Nah Grimes would have sucked this year. Falcons don't get injuries to key players :rolleyes:

Not to discredit your statement but I guess losing your best (and top 5 in the NFL) corner (Grimes) for the season and one of the best LB's (Spoon) for 5 games and stringing together an 11-1 record through the first 3 quarters of the season doesn't create ANY kind of argument...rolleyes.gif

True, but that's 2 players and only 1 went on IR. We have 5 on IR, 3 of them O-Line starters w/ 2 being pro bowlers, and DE Clayborn was looking like a beast when he went down. I gave the Falcons credit early on for being able to step up defensively, despite the loss of Grimes. Like it or not, we're talking apples & oranges here, if you want to compare the two.

jb, what's up with this outrage over lack of respect that isn't happening? nearly 99, if not 100% of the rivals here have given the bucs props and noted how much better they are playing this year then last.

What outrage? Just saw a fact and thought I'd post it. We do after all, have to have something in RC other then Falcon fans condescending to the rest of us here. Don't ya think?wink.png

What outrage? Just saw a fact and thought I'd post it. We do after all, have to have something in RC other then Falcon fans condescending to the rest of us here. Don't ya think?wink.png

y'all have done a great job... before the season started, even at full strength i had you guys at 6-8 wins. proved me wrong.

I doubted we'd do that well.

i don't buy into the college coaches coming to the nfl thing. dealing with college aged kids, and dealing with grown professionals are two totally different things. I also don't believe Raheem the dream ran a tight ship by any means, so i figured schiano would try and come in as this disciplinarian and the bucs wouldn't respond to him at all.

i think the victoryformationgate incident might have won the players over for schiano.

Actually we lost our MLB`ers we brought in to replace lofton. (leaving only Dent... who is just ok)

We lost our rookie FB who was to replace Ovie for the season. (was suppose to replaced cox, polite and ovie)

and we lost Grimes. All before the season started. (Which we got lucky we got A.S. right before the start of the season)

We had mounted up some key injuries though right out the gate.

But that aside i thought the bucs where a good team and thought they had a respectable year so far. But the bucs have been in this spot before on the verge of the playoffs. There test comes now to see how they play the rest of it out.

But they added a ton of talent over last years bucs team and that team was a playoff potential team before they broke down and had implosion. But it is hard surviving with big names hurt. So cant take anything away from the bucs for hanging tough in the face of adversity.

You left out a few dude......

Svithec(IR)

Ewing(IR)

Both of our lines have had injury issues

You left out a few dude......

Svithec(IR)

Ewing(IR)

Both of our lines have had injury issues

Look Ladies, this thread wasn't started to diss the Falcons but to show what the BUCS have been up against with the guys on IR and a very, very young team. You guys should see someone about these inferiority/sensitivity issues some of you display here. ANY time someone's not saying how great the Falcons are, you pounce like a rabid dog. Not all of you, but you know who you are. WE GET IT! The Falcons are 11-1 and destined to win the next 5 Lombardi Trophies.laugh.png

I doubted we'd do that well.

INJURIES ARE GOING TO COME, WHICH MAKES THE 2nd STRING PLAYERS, JUST

OR MORE IMPORTANT AS THE Ist. STRING. THERE SHOULD NOT BE A GREAT

DIVIDE IN TALENT FROM 1st TO 2nd STRING, BUT IN THE NFL FOR WHAT EVER

REASON .... THERE IS. WHEN TEAMS HAVE TO GO TO 2nd LEVEL PLAYERS, THE

DROP-OFF IS GLARING. I'VE NEVER UNDERSTOOD THIS.