49Ers Vs Falcons...this Guy Says 49Ers?

Ergo Proxy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fair. I sure don't want to face the 49ers in the playoffs. Think they're the best team in the league, from an objective standpoint...we haven't played up to our potential, so it's hard to say for sure.

I actually think the 9ers maybe making themselves a little more vulnerable with each week they have of Kaepernick on tape. Call me crazy, but the kid could have it rough once a good defense gets some tape on him.

I actually think the 9ers maybe making themselves a little more vulnerable with each week they have of Kaepernick on tape. Call me crazy, but the kid could have it rough once a good defense gets some tape on him.

I agree, to be honest...but it's more the physicality of that team. They'll probably get the 2nd seed, and then hopefully someone knocks em off before we face them, and even more hopefully, we get the chance to face a second opponent. Even better would be if they drop a couple and the Bears take the 2nd spot.

I'm not worried about the Niners. People seem to have forgotten about when the Giants kicked their butts all around the field this year at their house.. or when the Vikings beat them?! the niners have been playing inconsistent this year just like we have. For some reason they are the media darlings though and you never hear about their losses..

I'm not worried about the Niners. People seem to have forgotten about when the Giants kicked their butts all around the field this year at their house.. or when the Vikings beat them?! the niners have been playing inconsistent this year just like we have. For some reason they are the media darlings though and you never hear about their losses..

They have a tie against St Louis. A tie! laugh.png

I agree, to be honest...but it's more the physicality of that team. They'll probably get the 2nd seed, and then hopefully someone knocks em off before we face them, and even more hopefully, we get the chance to face a second opponent. Even better would be if they drop a couple and the Bears take the 2nd spot.

As weird as it may sound, I want to play whoever is the perceived best team because I'm tired of hearing the media (and even some of our own fans) make up excuses for our wins. I want to beat the best!!

I'm tellin' ya. If the Packers are hot or the Giants period, only teams I'd be concerned entering a game vs.

The packers are not the same team they were 2 years ago. They can't run the ball and they don't protect Aaron Rodgers well. They actually sound a lot like ..... Us, except we seem to have a more opportunistic defense this year.

SF, Chi and NYG worry me the most, in that order.

Chicago doesn't scare me at all. Their defense is great, but even when Cutler is healthy he's a 37th level moron, throwing into triple coverage and crap like that. Spoon spying Forte the whole game, double Brandon marshall in a cover 1 the whole game and what are they going to do to us? Squat. Their offensive line couldn't stop a 4 man rush consisting of 1 legged dwarves. We would finally defensively have what we wanted...an offense we don't have to blitz to get pressure. They would be F'd. I want the Bears.

the 49ers are the best run offense in the league, that scares me...and if kapernick is at least decent, they would probably hurt us pretty bad. we stink at containing mobile QB's. That said, he's a kid and I think Nolan could mess with his head quite a bit, especially if he made Peyton Manning a royal dunce on national TV. this would be another playoff game where Matt will either be the savior or the goat. If he forces throws like he has in the past, it could be another slaughter. He is still doing that quite a bit...that pick he threw on the rollout a couple weeks ago was friggin awful and was way too Arizona/Tramon Williams-esque. It's very strange...sometimes it's like he doesn't even see a dude right in front of the receiver. Am I the only person that gets the feeling he decides what he's going to do before he even snaps the ball? I get that feeling from him sometimes, I think it's an after-effect of having bad pass protection in prior years.

I think our own worse enemy is ourselves. We cannot afford to play sloppy football in the preseason.

Nah, I think we can afford to lose a couple preseason games. tongue.png

That's true, and typically you don't really face a "bad" team in the NFC championship game. I just feel like if our wins aren't convincing, the success will be attributed to failure of the other team.

Well, the 49ers and the Ravens beat themselves in the NFC & AFC championships last year and the media didn't really take anything away from the Giants and Patriots. At this point we just need a win in the post season, sloppy or not.

As per the topic, I also think the 49ers are overrated. Well, maybe not quite overrated, but they're not unstoppable either. Of course, Saints fans think we can't beat them by the sheer fact that they can't do it no matter how hard they try. lol. I say bring on the toughest you got. Giants, Packers, 49ers, Bears, whatever. If we're gonna win a super bowl we have no business being afraid of any one team.

Edited by Da Bird is Da Word

Chicago's D is not all that great when they can't cause turnovers.

And their offense is crap other than 2 players. We seem susceptible to draws and screens and they could get us on that, but if we rely on a 4 man rush and double marshall their D will have to be the **** X-men to win that game. They are not that good. At all. They should be catching way more flak about being overrated then we are, but luckily the media bases their 'analysis' on fan reaction more than anything. you don't see anybody crapping on the Bears, and they should be taking it in the media right now.

And their offense is crap other than 2 players. We seem susceptible to draws and screens and they could get us on that, but if we rely on a 4 man rush and double marshall their D will have to be the **** X-men to win that game. They are not that good. At all. They should be catching way more flak about being overrated then we are, but luckily the media bases their 'analysis' on fan reaction more than anything. you don't see anybody crapping on the Bears, and they should be taking it in the media right now.

I agree

Guest Negatorris

http://www.nfl.com/v...lass-of-the-NFC

Wow...so fail.

Falcons aren't even close to the 49ers?

The only teams that are real challenges for Atlanta in the NFC are the Giants or the Packers. Giants more so.

I'm not worried about the 49ers or the Bears.

Sorry, but the Niners would manhandle our OL. Matt would have 1 second to throw, and Turner would be as useless as always. I don't think they're better than us though. They have played well and have blownout opponents but look at their losses. One to the freaking Vikings, and the game wasn't really close, and then the dismantling at the hands of NYG. Our loss was by 4 points, they have been getting embarrassed in their losses. They should have also lost to the Rams, but the refs erased an 80 yard catch in OT by Amendola.

Bad matchup for the Falcons, but not as good as everyone wants to think.

Sorry, but the Niners would manhandle our OL. Matt would have 1 second to throw, and Turner would be as useless as always. I don't think they're better than us though. They have played well and have blownout opponents but look at their losses. One to the freaking Vikings, and the game wasn't really close, and then the dismantling at the hands of NYG. Our loss was by 4 points, they have been getting embarrassed in their losses. They should have also lost to the Rams, but the refs erased an 80 yard catch in OT by Amendola.

Bad matchup for the Falcons, but not as good as everyone wants to think.

i think our D matches up well against SF with the way we have been stopping the run lately