91 Falcons Segment On Nfl.com

j105

There's a link to it on the front page of our site titled "Most Fun Team Ever" I had already started a thread about it by that same name but it's only gotten a couple of replies and is buried. I remember that season like it was yesterday. A lot of folks hated Glanville but I was a fan.

Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

Man, if they would have panned up about 2 more rows on that corner blitz by Deion against the Raiders I would have seen myself in '91. My buddy was a huge Raiders fan and we talked crap to each other all the way down from Charlotte for that game...1st play from scrimmage was the CB blitz picked up by Tuggle for a TD right in front of us! Falcons won that day...

Fun season!

That season was so much fun. The 49ers game at home was amazing. A 9er fan below us would not shut up all game. After the prayer was answered,meh got out of dodge in a hurry, much to the liking of both sections around that aisle. We had a last messing with him.

That was a magical season. The personalities were amazing, and it spilled over to the games. We gave the Redskins the best game of the playoffs. I still think we win on a dry field that day.

Loved hearing the old Munson calls. "My God, Deion Sanders!" or when he fell out of his chair. Classic stuff.

Yep...Redskins had our number...but we beat the Saints for our first ever playoff win...so **** sweet!

The Reksin's had everybody's number.

The Falcons first playoff win came in 1978 against the Eagles. The win against the Saints was the first road playoff win though.

That was a magical season. The personalities were amazing, and it spilled over to the games. We gave the Redskins the best game of the playoffs. I still think we win on a dry field that day.

Then the Falcons played that Redskins team on a dry field, the Redskins put up 559 yards of offense and 56 points.

Then the Falcons played that Redskins team on a dry field, the Redskins put up 559 yards of offense and 56 points.

Different game, different results. We were tougher by the end of the year, thanks in part to that game. We regrouped and went on a nice run to end the season, minus week 17.

Different game, different results. We were tougher by the end of the year, thanks in part to that game. We regrouped and went on a nice run to end the season, minus week 17.

I hear ya, but that Redskins team was one of the best teams ever. I don't think the Falcons were winning that game under any circumstances.

I loved that piece! It brought back alot of memories. It was the first time in a long time I could see a little daylight at the end of the tunnel that was most of the 80s. People made Glanville out to be some kind of joke, but he brought this team up from some miserable years in the late 80s thanks to Marion Campbell and the drunken Jim Hannifan.You know, the people who passed on the likes of Tim Brown, Michael Irvin, Sterling Sharpe, Chris Speilman, and Thurman Thomas to draft Aundray Bruce and Marcus Cotton...