I Was Pretty Disappointed The Falcons Ran Asante Out There

Peyton

Last night was a GREAT win, but the one thing that disappointed me was the Falcons letting Asante reinjure himself.

It was the most predictable occurence ever.

Last week on a full weeks rest, he reaggravated his injury early in the game by lifting his arm, without even making contact with anyone.

The idea that he was going to make it through any substantial portion of the game last night on 3 days rest was just ludicrous. Him reinjuring himself was an absolute certaintly, and I am amazed the Falcons sent him out there.

I know he is a warrior, but that is the reason teams have Doctors....to tell guys when they can't play.

I'm glad the young guys stepped up out there, but the Falcons are going to need a healthy Asante to win a game at some point, and it was too bad to see the Falcons set back his recovery last night, so he could participate in one offensive series.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Asante ran himself out there, and then when he knew he couldn't go he pulled himself. I have no problem with letting the guy go if he wanted to go. I'm sure the team doctors know more than we do and that he couldn't hurt himself any worse than he already was.

I would think anybody who has watched the last two weeks knew how it was going to end last night. And it took one play where he actually had to do something.

I would think anybody who has watched the last two weeks knew how it was going to end last night. And it took one play where he actually had to do something.

But like I said if the doctors have said "Asante you can't injure it any worse" which is the case with some injuries then I understand why he tried to play. If it was anyone else besides the Saints he probably doesn't try to give it a go. But this was national TV, Thursday night, rivalry football. I fully get why he wanted to be out there with his brothers and I give him props for at least trying. Don't think anyone would be shocked to see him rest next week, since the younger guys did step up nicely even Owens! Time to get a full 16 days to rest up before we play the Giants Asante.

The Falcons play zone nearly all the time now, so individual matchups really aren't that daunting.

We play zone, man schemes blended together. What I like about our zones a lot of the time is that yes sometimes we do play off but other times we play aggressive and physical in our zones. Nolan is good at giving an offense different looks. Trent Dilfer who I rarely agree with put it best last week after the Bucs game: "No one is better than Mike Nolan at taking away a team's fastball." In back to back weeks we've held Doug Martin in check yardage wise and made Brees look like a rookie out there and Nolan deserves a ton of credit for it.

Dude probably told them that he felt fine just so he can get out there and help his team. I don't know and we probably won't find out why they let him try.

Because he said he could go and would give it a try. That's why they let him go out and that's what he told me. Best answer we can get from the horses mouth. He has the freedom to check himself in and out of the game. They told him to just sit out after that play. He'll be ok tho.

Because he said he could go and would give it a try. That's why they let him go out and that's what he told me. Best answer we can get from the horses mouth. He has the freedom to check himself in and out of the game. They told him to just sit out after that play. He'll be ok tho.

It's obvious the Falcons need new team doctors.

We play zone, man schemes blended together. What I like about our zones a lot of the time is that yes sometimes we do play off but other times we play aggressive and physical in our zones. Nolan is good at giving an offense different looks. Trent Dilfer who I rarely agree with put it best last week after the Bucs game: "No one is better than Mike Nolan at taking away a team's fastball." In back to back weeks we've held Doug Martin in check yardage wise and made Brees look like a rookie out there and Nolan deserves a ton of credit for it.

True. Ppl also don't realize you can still bump a player in zone further disguising what you may be doing unless the qb sends somebody in motion. The steelers play a physical zone scheme like that. We do play man coverage mixed in as well and Dunta presses more than folks are realizing. Asante has pressed a good bit this year as well. Nolan mixes things up so well that teams are caught off guard.