2 To Go

Miller2Rison

Two more wins would be enough for that #1 seed in the NFC. We would be 13-3. If the 49ers or Bears win out, they would only have 12 wins each.

I believe your math is a little off. They both have 5 games remaining, including this Sunday's games, so if they win out, the 49er's would be 13-2-1, and the Bears would be 13-3. Therefore we need 3 wins to clinch the #1 seed as of this moment. Hopefully they will both lose at least 1 game.

Edited by I love Julio

would you bench the players for last 2 games... if we get first round bye?

If we win the next 2 games, and thus had HFA locked down with 2 games left, yes... to a degree. I would treat those last two games like preseason games. I'd play the starters for about a quarter per game max. You want them healed, rested, etc., but you don't want to lose momentum. With the #1 seed, we'd have a first round bye in the playoffs anyway, so you don't want your starters to go 3 weeks without really playing & then having to face a hot team.

I believe your math is a little off. They both have 5 games remaining, including this Sunday's games, so if they win out, the 49er's would be 13-2-1, and the Bears would be 13-3. Therefore we need 3 wins to clinch the #1 seed as of this moment. Hopefully they will both lose at least 1 game.

You're right, I was getting ahead of things, as they haven't played this week yet.