Drew Brees Face At The End Of The Game

samueladams

The look of knowing you have been defeated and there is nothing you can do about it.

DIdn't get to see the first half of the game. Can you please fill me in on a few questions.

What was up with Offensive playing calling in the second half?

Did we ever make the attempt to throw it down field?

How was our pass rush? I see the secondary got torched by Lance Moore (stats from espn).

Game ball goes to Nolan, Owens, Willy Mo, or the Defense?

Edited by samueladams

Guest Negatorris

This is the look of knowing you have been defeated and there is nothing you can do about it.

DIdn't get to see the first half of the game. Can you please fill me in on a few questions.

How was our pass rush? I see the secondary got torched by Lance Moore (stats from espn).

-Koetter was losing it with his play-calling. The only time to offense didn't look stagnant is when Matt Ryan went into the No Huddle, but then it stalled again after a timeout and we had to kick a FG.

-We couldn't throw it downfield because Matt simply never had the time. The interior of the OL got bullied last night.

-Pass rush was acutally decent, although we missed multiple sacks on Brees. But all in the all, most of Brees' picks were caused by bad decisions because of pressure.

The look of knowing you have been defeated and there is nothing you can do about it.

Norleans passing stats were actually very misleading - they had the ball forever, it wasn't like they were going up and down the field on us. We had a stretch of 28 plus actual game minutes without a first down - 5 straight 3 and outs, so the defense kept getting quick turnarounds, but kept holding up so many of Moore's yards fall into the "law of averages" category and ended up being pretty empty.

Abe and Biermann both had pretty good nights, Peters had a bit of pressure as well, problem (like many teams have against that slippery little weasel) was getting Brees on the ground. I'd say game ball definitely goes to the Defense as a whole - they manned up and killed one record that burned us all every time we had to hear about it. After what that little pr ick did in the dome last year, there wasn't a better place in the whole world that it could have ended. Add in the fact that he made himself look like a complete arsehole throwing all those INTs and it was one wonderous night at the office :)

-Koetter was losing it with his play-calling. The only time to offense didn't look stagnant is when Matt Ryan went into the No Huddle, but then it stalled again after a timeout and we had to kick a FG.

Concur. I don't know why in the world we would stop running after that 1st series. It's like we said "see, we have a run game, now lets see if we can sling it a little!"

When the other team can't stop you, you keep doing what you are doing until they can't. Koetter really outsmarted himself yesterday. Of course, it didn't help that our interior o-line, Matt Ryan, and several of our receivers were playing in various degrees from not really very good to OMG WTF?