What Impressed Me The Most

vel

How well prepared and well coached this team was today. Even though the offense didn't turn the ball over (1 weak fumble from Turner), they never blinked through their struggles. That never say die attitude has stuck with them and got them through the Raiders and Cardinals games and now today. They knew they just had to stick it out and ride the defense's back until they got their footing. The defense came out intense and actually believing they belonged on the field with this Saints offense for a change.

Compared to the first game, this team was a lot looser (a guess when everybody's getting picks, Smitty can't b*tch about anything), a lot more confident and looked better prepared. Not to say they didn't look confident or weren't prepared the first game, but they got tight after Asante's INT and never loosened back up and were worried about doing wrong instead of playing football. Tonight, these guys fought for 60 minutes and no less.

I'm loving this "Never say die" attitude that this team has. They are never out of a game, no matter how close it is, how grim it may look or how poor they are playing. They fully believe in all 53 of them. All we can do as fans is cheer em on and sit back with big grins on our faces.

The O was too conservative for me...still running 8 yd digs on 3rd and 11 and 6 yd slants on 3rd and 8 and they saw it coming every time. i remember on 1 play in particular they jumped a slant on roddy and i just thought why not run a sluggo or a 9? at least there would be a little bit of surprise there, sometimes it seems like we just give up a little too easily, especially when you consider what a pass happy league we play in now.

overall I agree but there were some very Mularky/BvG like parts of this game that left a bad taste in my mouth. I just think we're playing with fire with the play not to lose thing. Beating the Saints was great but they threw FIVE interceptions and it was still kind of a nail biter. Maybe against the Stains, Raiders, etc. this kind of BS is OK but I think we're fooling ourselves if we think we can keep letting teams hang around and pull all of them out. It will only take one screw up in the playoffs doing this kind of stuff and then it will be another year of the same BS we're hearing now.

The O was too conservative for me...still running 8 yd digs on 3rd and 11 and 6 yd slants on 3rd and 8 and they saw it coming every time. i remember on 1 play in particular they jumped a slant on roddy and i just thought why not run a sluggo or a 9? at least there would be a little bit of surprise there, sometimes it seems like we just give up a little too easily, especially when you consider what a pass happy league we play in now.

overall I agree but there were some very Mularky/BvG like parts of this game that left a bad taste in my mouth. I just think we're playing with fire with the play not to lose thing. Beating the Saints was great but they threw FIVE interceptions and it was still kind of a nail biter. Maybe against the Stains, Raiders, etc. this kind of BS is OK but I think we're fooling ourselves if we think we can keep letting teams hang around and pull all of them out. It will only take one screw up in the playoffs doing this kind of stuff and then it will be another year of the same BS we're hearing now.

That's Smith man. Its okay though, the way things were going if we had tried to force too many pass plays it could have been bad.

That's Smith man. Its okay though, the way things were going if we had tried to force too many pass plays it could have been bad.

I think the Saints safeties were playing to keep us down and Ryan wasn't in any kind of rhythm to stretch them out. Same with Brees to an extent. But you can't blame Koetter for this offense looking terrible, blame Roddy and Julio and Matt. This was their worst game together. It was nothing they were doing right. Hard to do anything when they are that far out of rhythm.

true story ... I just walked outside for no reason and caught a pass from Brees.

HAHA I HAD to bump this one for the morning crew! Lol hilarious

I think the Saints safeties were playing to keep us down and Ryan wasn't in any kind of rhythm to stretch them out. Same with Brees to an extent. But you can't blame Koetter for this offense looking terrible, blame Roddy and Julio and Matt. This was their worst game together. It was nothing they were doing right. Hard to do anything when they are that far out of rhythm.

I just don't get what's going on in the Dome this season. I think we've had maybe one good game at home all season. one thing that drove me crazy though, on that 3rd down catch Julio made, Roddy had the block sealed on the outside, I wish Julio would have cut back. he could have taken that one to the house and saved us from that AWFUL HORRIBLE TERRIBLE Turner non-fumble.