Rb Situation

atljbo

We just got a big win..... Im amped but yo i must say this... If the coaching Staff dont get that Quizz should take the important snaps... They will never get it.

Mayock hinted towards that mutiple times.

Turner ran hard some in this game... props tio him but in obvious running plays (especially to ice the game) .... RUN QUIZZ

great win tho...... This D showed up big time.

We just got a big win..... Im amped but yo i must say this... If the coaching Staff dont get that Quizz should take the important snaps... They will never get it.

Mayock hinted towards that mutiple times.

Turner ran hard some in this game... props tio him but in obvious running plays (especially to ice the game) .... RUN QUIZZ

great win tho...... This D showed up big time.

The problem is that with a good game by Turner, the coaches will be inclined to just run him into a pile and be content with it. Not sure they'll see it as an exception rather than the rule thing. Quizz is a better fit for this offense overall but Turner still certainly has his uses. As pass happy as we are, the guy can be an animal on draw plays because he basically going to get a LB one on one a lot of times...with his YAC potential that can be big for us. We'll see what happens, but both RB's can be very effective if used correctly, there really doesn't need to be this "Turner vs. Rodgers" thing a lot of the board seems to want.

Like I said on another post, I don't understand why we are taking Quizz out for Snelling. Especially when it is 3rd and long and we send out RB out for a dump off pass. For my money I want Jacquizz catching those passes and making moves, not Snelling. I just didn't understand that.

The problem is that with a good game by Turner, the coaches will be inclined to just run him into a pile and be content with it. Not sure they'll see it as an exception rather than the rule thing. Quizz is a better fit for this offense overall but Turner still certainly has his uses. As pass happy as we are, the guy can be an animal on draw plays because he basically going to get a LB one on one a lot of times...with his YAC potential that can be big for us. We'll see what happens, but both RB's can be very effective if used correctly, there really doesn't need to be this "Turner vs. Rodgers" thing a lot of the board seems to want.

Thats my biggest fear.... Im not trynna knock Turner... He does have a role.... The guy had a good game until that fumble..... My point is when its a situation where you might need your guy to make a play... Quizz make that play for us... Dude is very elusive.

On the other hand, saints D was absolutely looking for Quizz in some situations and he got pretty well stuffed. Certain plays are almost keyed by him being on the field. Better play design and disguise the answer maybe? In the off season we still have to go get another more prototypical back. Not to really defend Turner either, but the amount of time the refs let that play go after his forward progress was stopped was ridiculous. Not sure I can put the fumble on him.

Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

On the other hand, saints D was absolutely looking for Quizz in some situations and he got pretty well stuffed. Certain plays are almost keyed by him being on the field. Better play design and disguise the answer maybe? In the off season we still have to go get another more prototypical back. Not to really defend Turner either, but the amount of time the refs let that play go after his forward progress was stopped was ridiculous. Not sure I can put the fumble on him.

They know what Turner would do also.... Regardless in those situations... They know you are going to run the ball..... My point is Quizz can create plays with his quickness and elusiveness

They know what Turner would do also.... Regardless in those situations... They know you are going to run the ball..... My point is Quizz can create plays with his quickness and elusiveness

The weak link isn't Turner or Quizz. The OL is struggling, but the reason we don't have a solid RBBC is that we only have two productive backs. We sincerely needed another RB and not drafting Ewing or signing Snelling. I'm sorry, but that's just how I feel about it.

Easy to see this: turner: plug holes. Quizz: Spy with a LB. A couple of wrinkles by Koetter and this will burn some defenses. They already run screens and dumpoffs to Turner. If they run Quizz more between the tackles, which they should, defenses won't be able to key on them as much in terms of playcalling. In the first 6 weeks they were using both turner and quizz in all kinds of situations, even ones that made no sense (multiple laughable screens to turner). Not all of them worked, but it kept defenses guessing. You shouldn't be playcalling with the expectation every play is going to work anyway. Early in the year didn't we run a deep wheel route to Quizz that picked us up some big yards? What happened to that? Point being we are doing lots of little dump offs and screens to quizz and defenses are starting to key on it. Let them have some dope like lofton come running up at quizz expecting a screen or swing pass and then watch pork chop lofton try to catch quizz running free down the sideline. let me know how that works out.

The weak link isn't Turner or Quizz. The OL is struggling, but the reason we don't have a solid RBBC is that we only have two productive backs. We sincerely needed another RB and not drafting Ewing or signing Snelling. I'm sorry, but that's just how I feel about it.

well then you are wrong. how many offenses are predicated on 3 running backs? turner goes as the OL goes. quizz can still make something happen but we shouldn't be depending on a RB doing something bananas to get our running game going. Your original point contradicts itself. You say we cant get the run going because the OL is struggling but then we need a 3rd legit RB? Your initial hunch was right. Our OL is like frankensteins monster, a mismatched patchwork...overall much better at pass blocking but overall not totally reliable at either. We could reasonably be good with just tuner OR quizz if there was some consistency.

well then you are wrong. how many offenses are predicated on 3 running backs? turner goes as the OL goes. quizz can still make something happen but we shouldn't be depending on a RB doing something bananas to get our running game going. Your original point contradicts itself. You say we cant get the run going because the OL is struggling but then we need a 3rd legit RB? Your initial hunch was right. Our OL is like frankensteins monster, a mismatched patchwork...overall much better at pass blocking but overall not totally reliable at either. We could reasonably be good with just tuner OR quizz if there was some consistency.

Hey...I'm just a spectator. I was making a whole dif point, but that's okay. I'm good.

Just one question...do you think that on a night like tonight when we were on fire...maybe a guy with a bit more straightline speed and vision would have been a good compliment? Just askin.

Hey...I'm just a spectator. I was making a whole dif point, but that's okay. I'm good.

Just one question...do you think that on a night like tonight when we were on fire...maybe a guy with a bit more straightline speed and vision would have been a good compliment? Just askin.

i def think we will get another RB next year..... Im talking about what we have for this year tho and whats best.

i def think we will get another RB next year..... Im talking about what we have for this year tho and whats best.

I was ranting as usual. You knew that though. For this year I agree with Turner starting, using Smith a little bit more, and closing the game with Quizz. Those tired legs would not be able to keep it up against the guy.