Back in 2003 when word broke that we were getting a new logo/uniform set, I was distraught. Then someone pointed something out. They said "look at the face of the bird now. he just looks kind of...durrrr" and they were right. The new logo is aggressive, sleek, and still pays homage to the old one in style. It represents a new era of Falcons football where we are relevant and not the laughing stock of the league (well, at least since 2008). I'd love to see the new logo on a uni similar to the 90's. The sleeves on the current uniform ruin it for me, they just make me think of clown sleeves. I still dont understand what was trying to be accomplished by the design...

301.gif

Back in 2003 when word broke that we were getting a new logo/uniform set, I was distraught. Then someone pointed something out. They said "look at the face of the bird now. he just looks kind of...durrrr" and they were right. The new logo is aggressive, sleek, and still pays homage to the old one in style. It represents a new era of Falcons football where we are relevant and not the laughing stock of the league (well, at least since 2008). I'd love to see the new logo on a uni similar to the 90's. The sleeves on the current uniform ruin it for me, they just make me think of clown sleeves. I still dont understand what was trying to be accomplished by the design...

301.gif

I like the old logo better. But, if you look at the logos the NFL has redesigned over the last decade, they all have a thicker more muscular look.

Clown sleeves is exactly what I though when I saw the new uniforms (I was at the unveiling in Gwinnett). The black unis in particular have the clown costume feel (which is why I can't understand why some people prefer them).

I do cut them some slack though for trying something different. They were one of the first teams (in college or the pros) to try and figure out what to do about the fact that sleeves have become virtually non-existant on football uniforms (leaving zero room for sleeve stripes). Their solution: make the stripes vertical.

At least the Falcons' design works at some level. Some of the designs since then (especially in college) have been awful. And, some uniforms with traditional sleeve stripes look worse than not having any at all.

104432407_display_image.jpg?1298490165

I've actually been working on my own concept for a few weeks. I think I have some really good ideas and when I'm done I will post them up. It's very different, but similar in a way which encompasses concepts from the 80's, 90's and current uniforms to keep our history. Some things on different parts of the uniform than what we are used to, and I have come up with an entirely new logo for the helmet as well, but i have another idea sort of using the new logo in an old way, I just haven't put that one to paper yet.

Am I the only one who likes our current uniforms? lol

They've grown on me this year with the Nike

Swoosh and the black undershirts.

We can do better, but these aren't completely terrible.

I just find....

On guys like Douglas and Samuel, the jerseys look sick. When the jersey is tight and have short sleeves.

On guys like Ryan with the wider sleeve it doesn't look as nice.