Rolando Mcclain

Creative

He just got cut by Oakland (per his twitter). 8th overall pick in the 2010 draft, inside linebacker from Alabama. Just throwing this out there becasue we don't have much LB depth. He's had some legal problems so I doubt we would want him (if he clears), but yeah. Thoughts?

Edited by Creative

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he said he wants to play on a real team. check mark for the falcons

i don't know how he will fare with guards in his face as he didn't have to deal with that at Alabama. (mt Cody in front of him)

BUT what people fail to realize is we have almost transitioned to a nose guard-less 3-4 scheme with the 3 dt thing. if we decided to go in that direction I believe rolando would be very beneficial to our mediocre at bet run defense.

but then again, I'm biased.

I think this guy is a great example of what an in exact science the draft is... I remember the Raiders being killed for taking Heyward-Bey so high, and they were praised unbelievably for finally getting things right when they picked McClain...

Well Heyward-Bey isn't a world-beater but he at least can play a little bit... McClain has been truly aweful

Where are people getting the idea that McClain is awful?

He's head and shoulders above any MLB we have on the roster.

McClain Last Year - 77 Tackles, 14 PD's, 5 Sacks

Lofton Last Year - 87 Tackles, 7 PD's, 1 Sack

Edited by RubberDucky

He hasn't been awful in Oakland. I do go back to what I heard one of the Oakland beat people say a season or two back about him though.

"He makes tackles...he doesn't make plays."

That said, while I think Dent is playing much better then he was earlier in the season McClain would likely be better than any LB we have on our roster not named Weatherspoon.