Turner=Babin

Hardyfalcon

Does anyone else think Turner may get the Axe if he turns in another poor performance against the Aints? Babin came of an 18 sack season and got cut, Turner is came off a top rushing season and isn't producing either. Per Ray Edwards and L.Polite if you don't produce, you get cut.

Difference being Edwards never produced and was a disruption in the locker room. Turner is sucking no doubt but he was our stud for several years and I don't think we would ever cut him mid season.

Guest Negatorris

Turner did not lead the league in rushing last year like Babin lead in sacks, but sure.

Babin didn't lead the league in sacks, Jared Allen did. And Turner did lead the NFC in rushing yards. JS.

I wouldn't be for cutting Turner mid-season. He was great for us previously, and we have a chance to get a SB ring this season so it's cool if he stays and gets one too. But I wish Smitty would just bench him until we have a huge lead or something. He really does not fit our offense whatsoever.

Turner has lost a step,but his poor run production is due to lack of carries,change in offense,& a little him. Mostly , our oline is soft and gets zero push & we have no ability to run a power run game anymore. Turner is more of a I-formation power back , we have totally lost the ability to run like that anymore. We don't have the blocking to just impose our will on other teams. Teams are determined to not let Turner get rolling, they hit him early in the back field,mostly on the handoff,which is not on him. Quizz has success with deception & being a multi threat in the run & pass. We have no ability to get turner running down hill & turner hasn't got the burst to run around the outside anymore. I saw this coming , which is why i wanted to get rid of turner last offseason, instead, we kept him & now our offensive style is making him look worse. He won't get cut mid-season, we will keep him till next year. We may need him in the playoffs, if we can figure out how to block again...not going to matter as long a 3 & 4 people are hitting him in the backfield...