Falcons Have No Interest In Babin

http://sulia.com/cha...?source=twitter

']Atlanta Falcons: Team hasno interest in signing Jason Babin

]FLOWERY BRANCH — The Falcons, who released one of their own defensive ends earlier this season, have no interest in signing defensive end Jason Babin, who was released by the Philadelphia Eagles today.

The Falcons released defensive end Ray Edwards on Nov. 12. He cleared waivers and is currently a free agent.

The Falcons signed Edwards as a free agent in July 2011, giving him $11 million in guaranteed salary on a five-year deal. But Edwards produced little in the way of sacks (3.5) or quarterback pressures in 25 games with the Falcons.

Edited by BeckonedEdge

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the possibility of our defense being without one of it's best CB's, I would think that a very good pass rusher might be the best thing we could get to help our chances. If this is true (that we have no interest) then my guess is that there is a team chemistry type of thing going on and that there is a dislike for Babin.

http://sulia.com/cha...?source=twitter

']Atlanta Falcons: Team hasno interest in signing Jason Babin

]FLOWERY BRANCH — The Falcons, who released one of their own defensive ends earlier this season, have no interest in signing defensive end Jason Babin, who was released by the Philadelphia Eagles today.

The Falcons released defensive end Ray Edwards on Nov. 12. He cleared waivers and is currently a free agent.

The Falcons signed Edwards as a free agent in July 2011, giving him $11 million in guaranteed salary on a five-year deal. But Edwards produced little in the way of sacks (3.5) or quarterback pressures in 25 games with the Falcons.

Dimitroffed

I seen this on twitter. I really do not understand how we would have "no interest" in him. That is really really dumb in my opinion.

What they meant was "The Falcons are well aware that Jason Babin will never clear waivers and don't want to hurt any of their young guys feelings by admitting that we would love to have him".