Jason Babin

Jdawg08

Eagles have released Jason Babin........I know this is probably for something like we did with Ray. I can't help but look at that situation and say well they are 3-8 who wants to give 100%, come to a 10-1 team I bet he could help us alot more than any of the guys who don't get any snaps anyways!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has to clear Waivers and the team which picks him up off waivers need to honor his contract next year. Falcons would probably on the bottom of the waiver pick up priority list.

Yeah it's probably us and the Texans and they're a 3-4 team so I don't think they would be interested.

Tampa is a 4-3 and has plenty of cap space so I could see them trying to pick him up.

Im not one to jump on the "Bring him home TD" but we really need another pass rusher I say sign Babin release Sidbury since it seems he will never play anyway. Then keep Babin Inactive for a couple weeks to let him learn the playbook then unleash him in the playoffs

He plays on defense what does he need to learn about the playbook he's a dlineman

How much salary would we be forced to pick up? I'm intrigued but I wouldn't take on anything more than a couple million.

According to ESPN:

Babin, 32, had a career-best 18 sacks for the Eagles last season after re-signing with the team as a free agent two offseasons ago with a five-year, $28 million contract.

There are multiple plays that we have with stunts for are lineman you gotta know when they're called and Ive seen are Ends play coverage both man and zone at times

I played d-lineman in high school and it took me all but a week to learn all of that(my team did a lot of stunts and lineman zones), I also play LB in college, give him one week to learn all of it, then play him for the Giants.