For Just A Moment Forget There Even Is A Post Season

Finally

10-1. Another winning season. I am not yet prepared to take that for granted. 5th winning season in a row. I was not sure I'd ever see this day.

Winning the NFC South. Sure, it is not ours yet officially, but they have already ordered the banner.

We have helped fill out the pink slips for 3 or 4 coaches this year most likely. Coaches that needed to make a statement game against us have all failed so far.

Half of a season with a perfect record... wow, just wow.

Tony G making his 100th TD catch... Congratz.

Smitty is now the winningest coach in Falcons history... congratz.

We beat Reid after a Bye in Philly. I watched that game 3 times, what they have become since is one thing but they were really trying to win that game until the very end. More impressively it was the first time we have ever out-coached one of the big dogs.

Good, bad, or absolutely ugly we have hit all 3 and only have one loss to show for it. I don't believe in rankings but I don't think our highs or lows have been way out of character with the best teams in the league. I don't think our problems or injuries are any worse than any of the best teams either. We are not perfect but neither are any of them.

This team has had a different vibe this year. They seem more mission driven than winning driven but they win anyway. Trying to work out the running game against the best run defense tells me there is more at work than just winning. I don't know what that is because for the moment I have forgotten what comes next...

This team has had a different vibe this year. They seem more mission driven than winning driven but they win anyway. Trying to work out the running game against the best run defense tells me there is more at work than just winning.

Not only do I agree with this but I have said this exact thing almost verbatim. In another post I said that it seems like we're testing out the dynamics of our team to find a good balance and we just happen to be winning in the meantime. Almost like we're using the regular season as practice for the postseason.

I told my brother that how teams rush over and over to setup the deep pass is a game to game tactic. I feel like we're taking that strategy on the entire season. I could be very wrong but I have a very organic intuition that tells me we have something up our sleeve for the playoffs...

Thanksgiving was last week but we do need to review what we have in such a thread as this!

The "failure in the post season" label need not keep us from enjoying what is going on right now.

There are any number of very talented teams that have totally melted down before our eyes. We

are holding our own and with New Orleans coming to us Thursday we are highly motivated. After we

hand them a dose of what they need we will need to reset ourselves but we will have additional time

to do it. One game at a time.

Thanksgiving was last week but we do need to review what we have in such a thread as this!

The "failure in the post season" label need not keep us from enjoying what is going on right now.

There are any number of very talented teams that have totally melted down before our eyes. We

are holding our own and with New Orleans coming to us Thursday we are highly motivated. After we

hand them a dose of what they need we will need to reset ourselves but we will have additional time

I agree. There is nothing that can be done to change any game that has already happened. The potential to do better is always in front of us.

We are presently in the best position of any other team in the NFC. We don't get to say that often this time of year.

When we get to the final month of the season I always like to take stock because when things are going our way it seems like the season flies by. To me it seems like it just started a few weeks ago and here it is nearly over. So I tap the brakes and take a few extra moments to enjoy a great season of football. A season of FIRSTS.

Agreed. And there's a reason rear view mirrors are smaller than windshields. Marinate on that for a minute, fellas.

Are you telling me to be a Saints fan?

lol, no man, just suggesting we forget about the past failures and the pressure of the future for a few brief moments to celebrate. I am about as guilty as anyone for constantly evaluating their performances and projecting what they may mean in that thing that happens next.

lol, no man, just suggesting we forget about the past failures and the pressure of the future for a few brief moments to celebrate. I am about as guilty as anyone for constantly evaluating their performances and projecting what they may mean in that thing that happens next.

I am with you 100% on this. Well said too. To stop and take inventory right now of everything helps one realize how sweet the view really is.