If You Guys Lock A 1St Round Bye

Gsam

How do you think Mike Smith will handle play time for the Falcons?

You think he will Hoodie it and play the starters? Give them a half and sit em?

Would be interested to know. I personally hope he doesn't sit people. I think teams that seem to sit people fare poorly in the playoffs.

The opposite of the year we got bounced after 13-3

I think he'll give a few reps, but our team is better with consistency not time off.

Agree. Starters without any injuries will likely play a few series if not a half to keep the Rust off. But, that also depends on how San Fran finishes as to how important week 17 is for home field advantage

The opposite of the year we got bounced after 13-3

I think he'll give a few reps, but our team is better with consistency not time off.

well that was mikes fault cause instead of making the offense that looked awful in that mnf game against the saints he conceded the game then we had to play the starters against Carolina to lock up the south which resulted in Brian Williams getting hurt which led to Aaron Rodgers torching Chris Owens pretty much all game.

Smitty will sit Ryan and bring up Dominique Davis.

The QB controversy will be on!

I highly doubt there would be any controversy going on if they played Davis a game or two.

It would be nice to see him play against some starters though. See how he handles it.

Plus for that to happen it would mean we have locked up home field advantage. :)

At that point in the season just about every player has a little something wrong here or there. Most of it will be fatigue, minor cuts, and bruises which should be mostly healed with a week off anyway. I would not expect to see the older players play more than a half or anyone with an injury like a sprain that really could use the extra time to fully heal. The rest of the starters will probably not play past the first couple of series in the second half.

I doubt Smitty would squander the opportunity to get the second string out there to give them some good playing time.

Looking at the schedule and using the ESPN playoff machine, it's hard to imagine the Falcons will be able to rest anybody until maybe the last weekend, if then. This is going to be a fight for the #1 seed until the very end.

Good. I want the starters to play. He rested them two years ago and they got blown out by the Packers. The fight for the #1 seed will keep them sharp.

Looking at the schedule and using the ESPN playoff machine, it's hard to imagine the Falcons will be able to rest anybody until maybe the last weekend, if then. This is going to be a fight for the #1 seed until the very end.

Well, if we win our next 3 games (which is foreseeable with two home games) and San Francisco & Chicago drop a game the number one seed should be clinch in week 15. Atlanta would be 13-1 with the Niners being 10-3-1 and Chicago 10-4.

Well, if we win our next 3 games (which is foreseeable with two home games) and San Francisco & Chicago drop a game the number one seed should be clinch in week 15. Atlanta would be 13-1 with the Niners being 10-3-1 and Chicago 10-4.

It would be sweet if it's that quick. This is a tough stretch of three games. Even going to Carolina is going to be hard. They always play us tough. And I don't want to doomsay, but while I have some confidence in our ability to win tomorrow night, the Giants are the toughest team in the NFL. They prove it every year. Nothing phases them, and coming into our house isn't going to scare them at all.

Everybody talks about this game against the Saints, but I bevelieve we'll truly have to play our best game of the year to beat the GIants. I just can't sit here and predict with any confidence that we'll win that game. And if we blow it Thursday night? Suddenly we are fighting to keep that #1 seed til the bitter end.