Te Trade Vs Draft

XXVIII-III

I would trade picks for a D line person who has proven they can play. D line takes longer than just about every other position to develop.

TE's are going to be more and more common and less valuable when it comes to the draft because there is going to be so many wanna be jimmy grahams etc... If you can get guys like Gronk etc... late first early 2nd thats a steal.

Historically, TD seems to prefer to pick up free agents or trade for immediate needs and draft for production in the future or for the following year. I thought he would take a TE this draft but I guess he did not see anyone he thought would be a good fit to learn under TG. When I saw that we did not get a tight end in the draft last year I thought, "well I guess that means we will be getting one in free agency if TG does not come back".

We need to sign a vet for the minimum. Someone who can imediately make an impact on this offense without having to go through growing pains.

I don't know about minimum, but I'd rather pick up a relatively cheap, younger TE with a hopeful return of Gonzalez

We need an infusion of oline and dline help, one to help our ground game and keep Matt upright and two to give Nolan more pieces, preferably a true 0 technique fattie to take up blockers

TE's in free agency are also fairly common and can be quite productive. Denver picked up Tamme and Driessen as free agents and both have been outstanding.

There will be a lot of TE's hitting the open market this coming year. I think you will have no issue finding a serviceable TE in the FA market.

Delanie Walker, Davis' backup in San Fran is a free agent this year and I would love to see us sign him. Excellent blocker and catches the ball very well too. It's easy to find these bulked-up-WR style TE's in the draft, but a guy who can genuinely catch the block, run, and catch the ball is not so easy a thing to find.

If the Falcons stay true to form, they'll have one big signing in the off-season then concentrate on building through the draft.

TE & DE would seem to be our two biggest needs. We can't draft both in the 1st, so my guess is we'll sign on and draft the other in the 1st.

All depends on who is available and who they think they can get in the 1st.

^^^^^^^^

As above build through the draft let the FO do there job and earn thee $$$$$.

Trades and FA cost to much $$$$ unless its a given like TG was I'm drafting 90% of the time.

Secretly though I'm hoping for TG to comeback for 1 more year.

right, I mean look at the good teams that have been consistent, and not just in footballl but in baseball and hockey. The steelers, ravens, patriots heck even the niners (most of their players are drafted) I believe good teams come from the ground up. Overloading on high $$ F/As is a risk (hints: cowboys, eagles MLB: marlins, dodgers)

Delanie Walker, Davis' backup in San Fran is a free agent this year and I would love to see us sign him. Excellent blocker and catches the ball very well too. It's easy to find these bulked-up-WR style TE's in the draft, but a guy who can genuinely catch the block, run, and catch the ball is not so easy a thing to find.

He's a guy I'd seriously consider I like him alot and again he's multiple can do alot of things.dependent on $$$$$ he's definitely a FA target I'd look at.

He's a guy I'd seriously consider I like him alot and again he's multiple can do alot of things.dependent on $$$$$ he's definitely a FA target I'd look at.

I'd pass, Delanie Walker has never impressed me. An improved Mike Cox in all reality, the Niner coaching staff finds creative ways to get him the ball. Of course being on the field at the same time as Vernon Davis certainly helps.