Turner Is Being Mis-Used

red2play

To really see if Turner is producing or not, he needs to be put into a system to max his potential. Its no secret that we need a running game and I love Jazz Rodgers but he won't give you 2-5 yards consistently. I believe its more important to use an I formation with Turner in than putting in Harry Douglas. In other words, when you put in Turner, take out HD and put in Snelling or Cox. or a two tight end set. To be honest, I just think Snelling, even as a FB would be more of a threat than HD as a WR. We need a good slot route runner as a 3rd WR and HD doesn't fit the bill. When Jazz Rodgers is in, it would be better to put in Davis at WR than HD too, IMHO. Basically, we have to establish the run if we want to win in the post season. For that, (at least for this year) Turner should be able to give us that.

To really see if Turner is producing or not, he needs to be put into a system to max his potential. Its no secret that we need a running game and I love Jazz Rodgers but he won't give you 2-5 yards consistently. I believe its more important to use an I formation with Turner in than putting in Harry Douglas. In other words, when you put in Turner, take out HD and put in Snelling or Cox. or a two tight end set. To be honest, I just think Snelling, even as a FB would be more of a threat than HD as a WR. We need a good slot route runner as a 3rd WR and HD doesn't fit the bill. When Jazz Rodgers is in, it would be better to put in Davis at WR than HD too, IMHO. Basically, we have to establish the run if we want to win in the post season. For that, (at least for this year) Turner should be able to give us that.

I could not disagree more. Even last year we ran much better out of an "11" package than an "I" because every time we lined up in an I they KNEW we were running the ball. HD isn't great, but just having him out there forces the defense to spread out.

Turner MUST get up speed to be effective. He's not going to find holes, nor switch direction quickly. If the O-line doesn't create a big enough hole he wont be effective...hence our problems.

At this point he is just a threat to the other team by simply being on the field. This is why you keep seeing those 0-2 yard dive plays. If you stop running those plays the offense will lose that threat and become less effective. Sounds crazy but its true!!

I could not disagree more. Even last year we ran much better out of an "11" package than an "I" because every time we lined up in an I they KNEW we were running the ball. HD isn't great, but just having him out there forces the defense to spread out.

plus HD mostly runs routes close to the line. there were 3 plays I saw against Tampa where HD turned up field and was WIDE OPEN all three times. somebody gotta see that on film man

LOL Quizz had 4.5 or 5 YPC last game.. just saying...

i agree. their have been lots of teams who had a second back that seemed to out perform the starting back, but when they became the starter sucked. and are out of football. yall fans need to chill out . we need turner in the playoffs. to run out the clock and wear down teams. rodgers goes down with intial contact.

i agree. their have been lots of teams who had a second back that seemed to out perform the starting back, but when they became the starter sucked. and are out of football. yall fans need to chill out . we need turner in the playoffs. to run out the clock and wear down teams. rodgers goes down with intial contact.

LOL, what games are you watching. Quizz is making people miss and Turner is going down with arm tackles.