Put Babs At De

egoprime II

We need a presence, a really good player, opposite Abe. Seems to me, Babs could play DE the rest of this season, with Salisbury sliding inside to rotate with Perry Jerry and Walker (I hope they are all healthy enough to play). Biermann can rotate out with Abraham and Babs.

If Babs is effective at DE it will help end all the uncertainty at that position It may also help influence TD to sign Babs after this season (his contract is up).

Babs played well at DE against TB Sunday, until some injuries forced him back inside. Is that where he needs to be?

Edited by egoprime II

Interestingly, before Peria destroyed his knee, some scouting groups thought he'd make a better left end than DT. I doubt he still has that quickness, but I wouldn't mind that concept.

Abraham at RE

Peria or Babs at LE (probably Babs now since Peria hasn't done much post injury)

Rotate DTs between Peters, Walker, and the UT not being used at DE

We need some length at LDE, but until we get that guy, I wouldn't mind having a UT out there who knows how to rush, and put a bigger guy inside to push the pocket (instead of shoot the gap)

Interestingly, before Peria destroyed his knee, some scouting groups thought he'd make a better left end than DT. I doubt he still has that quickness, but I wouldn't mind that concept.

Abraham at RE

Peria or Babs at LE (probably Babs now since Peria hasn't done much post injury)

Rotate DTs between Peters, Walker, and the UT not being used at DE

We need some length at LDE, but until we get that guy, I wouldn't mind having a UT out there who knows how to rush, and put a bigger guy inside to push the pocket (instead of shoot the gap)

if im not mistaken, peria got a sack last season from the outside. Think it was against a division rival

Babs has been consistently getting snaps at DE to pretty much solidify the Run D.I'm not sure you'll see alot of burst from him at DE but he'll set the edge and force RB's back inside though thats achieved but in all seriousness we need help at DE I personally think Nolan doesn't have the trust in any of our youngin's so god know's how we are going to get pressue with our front 4.

So your telling me that you want Babs on the outside an have injury prone Jerry an Benchwarm Peters to make stops constatley up the middle your crazy put in Matthews

Matthews might develop into a player one day, however he is little more than a rookie with some potential. Hardly the player a playoff caliber team looks to have as a starter.

Jerry eats up double teams, Perry is a solid run stuffing DT, always has been. Walker is pretty good too, so we have some DTs who can play. But we have No One who can play a legit pass rushing LDE. Babx could do it.