I Think I Figured Out Atlanta's Master Plan. It's Genius!

Lifer

Ok, so after weeks of living **** watching my boys barely win every game, I was screaming at the TV when it finally hit me. How in the world can we have a good coach, good OC and DC, weapons like Roddy, Julio, Gonzalez and we can't come up with any great plays. At first I thought it was Smitty being conservative. I was wrong. Think about it, we could be 16-0 and lose in the first round of the play-offs and it was all for nothing. Blank wants it all and I don't blame him. He promised things would be different.

It's not conservative play calling, it's simply that we are saving the best for last. They are good with barely winning but we don't want any tape on us when we get to the first game in the playoffs. At that point, we are going to pull out the amazing offensive playbook we've all been waiting for. No team will be prepared. I think Smitty and crew are ok with us just getting into the playoffs, the rest will speak for itself.

Then again, I could be wrong and we simply aren't that great!

Ok, so after weeks of living **** watching my boys barely win every game, I was screaming at the TV when it finally hit me. How in the world can we have a good coach, good OC and DC, weapons like Roddy, Julio, Gonzalez and we can't come up with any great plays. At first I thought it was Smitty being conservative. I was wrong. Think about it, we could be 16-0 and lose in the first round of the play-offs and it was all for nothing. Blank wants it all and I don't blame him. He promised things would be different.

It's not conservative play calling, it's simply that we are saving the best for last. They are good with barely winning but we don't want any tape on us when we get to the first game in the playoffs. At that point, we are going to pull out the amazing offensive playbook we've all been waiting for. No team will be prepared. I think Smitty and crew are ok with us just getting into the playoffs, the rest will speak for itself.

As I said in another thread expressing this similar thought. If that is indeed the case, then both TD, Smith and both coordinators should get huge bronze statues installed in the Dome and all of them should be given life-time multi-bazillion dollar contracts. Sadly, that's all just wishful thinking. Nice fantasy though. Well played.

It's hard enough just to win a game in this league. We aren't "holding back". You can be sure with a first round bye (hopefully) these new coordinators will have some wrinkles to surprise whoever we're playing though. This isn't the same coordinators that lost in the first round previously.

Come on, guys. Are you serious with this? This is wishful thinking at best. I don't play in the NFL, but I've never heard a coach say in a meeting/locker room, "Here's the gameplan, guys. We're gonna practice a bunch of good plays, but we're not gonna use em. Just beat teams using bad plays and when it's playoff time, we'll spring the trap."

Do you hear yourself?! Stop this conspiracy theory crap. You think the O-Line is gonna start playing better out of the blue all of a sudden?? That is foolish and childish. We're genuienly struggling in some area of the game, and not because we want to struggle, so we can expose some secret gameplan on everyone that they never saw coming. Lol ridiculous. Commmeeee ooonnnn, maaaaan.

Come on, guys. Are you serious with this? This is wishful thinking at best. I don't play in the NFL, but I've never heard a coach say in a meeting/locker room, "Here's the gameplan, guys. We're gonna practice a bunch of good plays, but we're not gonna use em. Just beat teams using bad plays and when it's playoff time, we'll spring the trap."

Do you hear yourself?! Stop this conspiracy theory crap. You think the O-Line is gonna start playing better out of the blue all of a sudden?? That is foolish and childish. We're genuienly struggling in some area of the game, and not because we want to struggle, so we can expose some secret gameplan on everyone that they never saw coming. Lol ridiculous. Commmeeee ooonnnn, maaaaan.

It was not the coach, but Deangelo Hall and a few other falcons did say that Petrino would make them run plays in practice, but would call different plays in the game.

I cannot say it is true, since I was not there, but we did play a ton better once he left, so it is possible he was using the save our best for later, but we saw how that turned out.

It is not a smart idea.

I do think we aren't seeing everything but I don't think it's much. We were seeing a lot of different looks on offense and defense early and I haven't seen a lot of them lately. Lack of the no huddle also leads me to believe SOME things are being held back. We went a few weeks without running screen passes too.

I believe we'll add a few new wrinkles to the run game and Nolan may pull some more exotic looking blitzes out the bag, but that's about it...I wouldn't expect a new look overall on both sides of the ball though. Keep in mind, our coordinators have to scheme to the personnel's strengths as well.

Umm okay,

BTW regarding your icon: man I love the walking dead series!

I Think I Figured Out Atlanta's Master Plan:

We purposely got our as.ses handed to us in the playoffs the last 2 years, so when no one is expecting it, we'll get hot all of a sudden (cuz we can whenever we want to) and make the SB run this season. We purposely let the Saints humiliate us on MNF last year, so that we can get the ultimate revenge when we win the SB trophy this year in New Orleans. Omg, I get it now! You're right, man. That IS Genius!

I Think I Figured Out Atlanta's Master Plan:

We purposely got our as.ses handed to us in the playoffs the last 2 years, so when no one is expecting it, we'll get hot all of a sudden (cuz we can whenever we want to) and make the SB run this season. We purposely let the Saints humiliate us on MNF last year, so that we can get the ultimate revenge when we win the SB trophy this year in New Orleans. Omg, I get it now! You're right, man. That IS Genius!

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png !!!

Reality check.

All teams in the NFL are good. Some are D.AMN good.

There is no "holding back"................saving the best for last. Nonsense.

Every week Smitty & staff plan for the team they are facing with Falcon players that are AVAILABLE that week and they give it their all. Injuries play a HUGE role in how good the team looks and plays on a given week. HUGE. One or two missing key players throw off the teams rythem and continuity BIG TIME.

So.................sit back...................relax..................and realize and accept that every week isn't going to be utopia on the field like in some sort of video game or fantasy whatever league, etc.

Rejoice in a 10-1 record. A record 30 or 31 other teams would give their right testicle for.

think about it, the teams we lost too, how bad did they romp us??????????/

Did they get up fourteen and then start running time and 3 and outs and punting cause they were up or did they bress 48-7 giants pack???? what does bellichek do? manning?

look at the giants and coughlin, still tossing the rock around up 30 last night...theres more to this then winning, its prep work as if every week is the big game

so when it actually happens, its habit, its natural, its an every week thing

With us its like holy ****, what is this crazyness? were shocked, unprepped, not ready hence we arent even out of the stable when the other guys are crossing the finish line