I think we have a nose tackle already, just waiting to mature in ability, strength and size. Robertson is the only one of our dt's to come out of college 300+ pounds. A young man at his age can add 20 pounds of solid muscle easily. Also at his young age, he is said to be the strongest of all the linemen, and typically men don't reach full maturity in strength until the late 20's early 30's.

There is strong evidence that Nolan was searching for a NT last year, so he will probably seek one this year. I want a great DE too, but I'm not sure what prospects will be available at our pick, so it depends. Plus, Nolan is kinda limited schematically right now, and I think that's why he targeted NTs last year. He's shown the ability to dial up pressure through scheme, but can't do everything he would like to without that big NT. There are also a lot of interesting options this year, including: Star Lotulelei (Utah), Jesse Williams (Alabama), John Jenkins (UGA), Brandon Williams (Missouri Southern State), with even a few possible underclassmen like Jonathan Hankins (Ohio State), Louis Nix (Notre Dame), Daniel McCullers (Tenessee), and Kwame Geathers (UGA). There are a few to choose from, so I would be surprised to see us not picking one in, at least, one of the first three rounds. Having said that, though, it all depends on who's there and there is still a lot of time for needs and draft stock to change. It will certainly be interestingto see who we pick this year, and I'm arguably more excited to see who we pick than ever, now that we have a sampling of where are new team is headed. It will be fun to watch.

We got a lot of speed DTs. They play well cause they fast but when you play an elite O line they can be moved. That is why we need a big DT who commands a double team and it would help out the other linemen and linebackers. Just think when Ray Lewis was asking for a guy to plug up the middle and they got Ngata. It allowed him to flow freely to the ball.

We got a lot of speed DTs. They play well cause they fast but when you play an elite O line they can be moved. That is why we need a big DT who commands a double team and it would help out the other linemen and linebackers. Just think when Ray Lewis was asking for a guy to plug up the middle and they got Ngata. It allowed him to flow freely to the ball.

this is true

Yea, I hope that Nolan can find a NT similar to the mold of Ngata. A NT that will eat up blocks for LBs and pass rushers, be stout at stuffing the run up the middle, as well as get to the QB.

Ngata can do it all.