Who Is The Dominant Team

fan72

Let me start off by saying that i dont care what the so called sports media thinks about our team at all, they don't matter.

That being said one of the announcers in yesterdays game said something that got me to thinking, he said that the falcons have not beat a team with a winning record when they played them the entire season. Of course all of us that have actually watched the games know that yesterday was the 3rd time that it has happened this season.

So i got to thinking surely there must be some teams out there that are beating teams with winning records all the time, the funny thing is after going back and looking at the record of each team that has a winning record at this point in the season i am unable to find that team that has beat more than 3 teams that had a winning record when they played them.

Am i missing something here?

There may be a couble with 4 to be honest i didnt spend a whole lot of time but either way there are a lot of teams with bad records this year.

There does not seem to be a real Dominant team this year the Texans and the 49ers are no doubt the two most physicaly dominat teams but even they have beat some pretty bad teams just like the rest of the division leaders.

Thoughts?

This is a strange year. 4 or 5 divisions are pretty much done with 1 team way out in front. That creates a lot of teams with mediocre and losing records.

Yeah that is kinda my point everyone keeps saying that we havent beat anyone but the reality is that that can be said about just about every team with a winning record this year.

Yeah that is kinda my point everyone keeps saying that we havent beat anyone but the reality is that that can be said about just about every team with a winning record this year.

I honestly think the Giants, 49ers, Falcons, Bears, Saints, and Packers all have equal chances to beat each other. They are all very even in my mind. However, if Kaepernick is the real deal I'd have to make SF the clear favorites.

I honestly think the Giants, 49ers, Falcons, Bears, Saints, and Packers all have equal chances to beat each other. They are all very even in my mind. However, if Kaepernick is the real deal I'd have to make SF the clear favorites.

He's not. There is a lot of hoopla about him, but he wasn't anything special yesterday. He benefited from having two pick sixes in his favor.

Kaep is kind of like RG3, but much bigger and can take hits. He slung it in college and ran. The only question with him was how he would transition from the pistol offense to the NFL pro style. So far, he looks like he's transitioned very well and will make the 49ers a lot tougher.

I missed most of that game yesterday. I've heard he can be very erratic with his accuracy. Is he an improvement over Smith?

He's an accurate passer, but he is going to make some big turnovers against team that mix up their zone defenses.

He got a lot of credit for the win yesterday, but in reality the Niners game against the Saints was the worst game that any offense had against the Saints defense all year, and by a pretty wide margin.

He's not. There is a lot of hoopla about him, but he wasn't anything special yesterday. He benefited from having two pick sixes in his favor.

Agree totaly one thing is for sure though that defence is the real deal unless they have some seriious injuries finishing out the season they will be a tough team to beat , they are clearly beatable but man they bring the pain in every game.

Edited by fan72

In terms of the media continuously bringing up the point of us not beating a team with a winning record, it's not our fault that these teams lose games except when they play us. We can only play the teams on our schedule. It annoys me when this comes up, but yet the media will tell you that if we lose to a team with a losing record, it's a game we should have won. When we do win those games, we haven't beat anyone.

MORONS!!!

You have to admit he played well. I mean if you take away pick 6s and fumbles recoveries for TDs away from most games including ours things would be different.

Edited by ProFalconFan

Agree totaly one thing is for sure though that defence is the real deal unless they have some seriious injuries finishing out the season they will be a tough team to beat , they are clearly beatable but man they bring the pain in every game.

There is no question with that. You aren't goint to march on them, have to beat them with big plays.

But have you noticed this,,,They always seem to win when they have to,,That should tell you something right there.

They do win when they have to, but ask any Giants fan if they are a better home team or a road team. 100% of them will say road team. Take it from a guy who lives here.

Edit: And Peyton is right, they might be one of the most awesome road teams ever.

They do win when they have to, but ask any Giants fan if they are a better home team or a road team. 100% of them will say road team. Take it from a guy who lives here.

Yeah I don't think it is even a conversation. Eli has never won a home playoff game, but he's won three straight road games to get to the Super Bowl twice.