Stephen Nicholas Vs The Pass

jdawg4876

I have been saying he got burned by dallas clark, and some say well tony g wins battles, which is true but tony dont burn anybody he uses his body and post up skills to catch balls that are contested, the only time you see tony g wide open is when there is a coverage breakdown.

I saw dallas clark literally burn stephen twice down the field, I completely give stephen a pass on jimmy when we played the saints bc that dude should be doubled all day. stephen does not get a pass on dallas clark im sorry. whats disturbing is this is a new trend for the first couple of weeks I thought nick was even better than spoon in pass coverage. he has to get this fixed and start playing better

we have NO pass coverage LBs .. None even though some think Spoon here can cover he is ok/ solid but nothing special . Watch 49er LBs and I see LBs anticipated reads and get into throwing lanes . Our LBs are in trail position most of time

I think spoon overall is solid in coverage but yeah we dont have lbs who are going to have multi pick seasons

I have been saying he got burned by dallas clark, and some say well tony g wins battles, which is true but tony dont burn anybody he uses his body and post up skills to catch balls that are contested, the only time you see tony g wide open is when there is a coverage breakdown.

I saw dallas clark literally burn stephen twice down the field, I completely give stephen a pass on jimmy when we played the saints bc that dude should be doubled all day. stephen does not get a pass on dallas clark im sorry. whats disturbing is this is a new trend for the first couple of weeks I thought nick was even better than spoon in pass coverage. he has to get this fixed and start playing better

He lit him on fire? You'd think he get arrested or something.

And Dallas Clark is a scrub? Dude was one of the fastest TE's in the game a few years ago when healthy. The guy is not some scrub TE. He has been in the game a long time and has had a great career. Tony G has "burned" people the same way. Yes most of his routes are him posting up but he "burns" CB/S/LB's all the time. Nic is going to be fine. He is still a solid cover LB.

stop pretending that nick shouldnt have been better at covering dallas clark it was embarrassing he has to get better, and I watch every game I would love to see tony g this yr supposedly burning folks down the field post some clips. not break down in coverages but tony g burning folks patiently waiting

here is dallas clarks stats this yr

31 recp. for 320 yds he is only on pace for 465 yds. heck harry douglas might get more yds and catches than dallas clark

against us he had 4 targets and he caught all 4 targets for 65 yds. long play was 22 yds against stephen nick

Edited by jdawg4876

we have NO pass coverage LBs .. None even though some think Spoon here can cover he is ok/ solid but nothing special . Watch 49er LBs and I see LBs anticipated reads and get into throwing lanes . Our LBs are in trail position most of time

The fact that all our linebackers excel in the run game but barely make any plays in the pass makes me beg to ask if its our linebackers coach isn't coaching these guys well in both dimensions? Its pathetic seeing that our linebackers might be the only ones in the league that don't break on the ball or jam tightends and runningbacks so tehy can keep a close distance to them. Instead, they rather let their guys catch before tackling them after picking up a first down

31 recp. for 320 yds he is only on pace for 465 yds. heck harry douglas might get more yds and catches than dallas clark

against us he had 4 targets and he caught all 4 targets for 65 yds. long play was 22 yds against stephen nick

Dallas Clark is behind Vjax/M. Williams/Underwood in the passing game and is splitting snaps with Luke Stocker. You expect big numbers for him? The Bucs are just now starting to give him more targets. Lol at comparing him and HD based on stats.

Guest Negatorris

Nic has been getting killed by TEs lately. He seemed to have some sort of chip on his shoulder in the beginning of the year, and was playing with fire. It seems to have faded away. He has made some good plays though.

Dallas Clark is behind Vjax/M. Williams/Underwood in the passing game and is splitting snaps with Luke Stocker. You expect big numbers for him? The Bucs are just now starting to give him more targets. Lol at comparing him and HD based on stats.

thats what im saying hd83 is basically not even looked at as an option here in atlanta unless julio is injured ( and he is going to have just as many touches as a still good te as you put it in dallas clark). dallas is an avg te now and a decent red zone threat and he ate stephen nics lunch its plain to see, but keep living in fantasy land bro.

Edited by jdawg4876

Nic has been getting killed by TEs lately. He seemed to have some sort of chip on his shoulder in the beginning of the year, and was playing with fire. It seems to have faded away. He has made some good plays though.

amen bro I was giving him huge props at the start of the yr he has fallen off greatly the last couple of weeks

Edited by jdawg4876

thats what im saying hd83 is basically not even looked at as an option here in atlanta unless julio is injured, meanwhile ya putting dallas on the same pedestal as tony g, dallas is an avg te now and a decent red zone threat and he ate stephen nics lunch its plain to see, but keep living in fantasy land bro.

thats what im saying hd83 is basically not even looked at as an option here in atlanta unless julio is injured, meanwhile ya putting dallas on the same pedestal as tony g, dallas is an avg te now and a decent red zone threat and he ate stephen nics lunch its plain to see, but keep living in fantasy land bro.

HD and Clark are two different players who play different positions. Are you seriously trying to compare them? Do you even watch any Bucs games? Clark got hardly any snaps/targets earlier in the season. Schiano game planned to be a running team and to use his WR's more. Not game planning for Clark to be a huge part of the offense.

Last two games he has had

7/58/1

4/65/0

Yeah he beat Nic, but that doesn't mean Nic is a bad cover LB because of it because Clark is not a bad TE.

HD and Clark are two different players who play different positions. Are you seriously trying to compare them? Do you even watch any Bucs games? Clark got hardly any snaps/targets earlier in the season. Schiano game planned to be a running team and to use his WR's more. Not game planning for Clark to be a huge part of the offense.

7/58/1

4/65/0

Yeah he beat Nic, but that doesn't mean Nic is a bad cover LB because of it because Clark is not a bad TE.

there is no earthly reason dallas clark should be that wide open against stephen nick im sorry.

what I am saying is if dallas clark was that great of an option as you say he still is, greg would have been using him more up to this pt. what it took him 9 weeks to figure out he had dallas the great on his team, come on man

7/58/1

4/65/0

I have watched all the bucs games besides two, have you watched them, the reason dallas was not use as much is bc he is not tony G or anything close he is a decent redzone threat, the reason he was used so much the last two weeks is bc carolina cant cover TEs and apparently we cant cover TEs anymore either

I agree. Nic looks a little slow all of a sudden. Isn't he playing with an injury? I think he's got a hip injury or something. He looked slow on a couple run plays too.

You may be on to something. I know that for me he hasn't looked good for a few weeks. Not just one or two plays either. Like the OP said, I can't really get upset that he can't cover Jimmy Graham. It's more than that though. He seems to struggle in man and in picking up guys in his zone. Don't even get me started on the play with Martin yesterday that got called back. Talk about lucky! He just whiffed on the tackle and it lead to a huge play.

I just hope he can get it together because he was looking solid earlier in the season.

We need to see better Dline rush and pressure on the QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You cant blame coverage when most QB's are getting time to throw the ball and get the looks they want.

thats bs. we only got 2 sacks but freeman was under pressure all days thats a reason why he almost threw two ints to asante

Edited by jdawg4876

I would wait for the All 22 to see what Nics was doing against TB . But Willy Mo is getting abused by Tight Ends worse than Nicholas. Moore gave up 90 Yards a TD to Jimmy Graham compared to 45 Yards and a TD by Nicholas. Nicholas might as well had a bad game against TB but he is better covering TE than others on the team.

thats bs. we only got 2 sacks but freeman was under pressure all days thats a reason why he almost threw two ints to asante

Im saying in general the D-line isnt getting enuff pressure besides Abraham, Kroy does good work and high motor but not enuff hits on the QB. Too many times QB's are allowed to sit back and find a target.