8.10 Yahoo Sports Conversation

The host wanted a Falcon fan to call and convince him that the falcons were a capable team to win playoff games and stuff (same old **** the media wants to rant about)

So I went on talk radio today to defend my falcons vs the show host.... Btw first time on the radio.

I started out strong telling him about how the run game can improve and that Matt has looked really good thus far. But as I started getting to the meat and bones of the Falcons he stopped me and said " In your mind can the falcons overcome a team like the bears or giants in the playoffs?

My reply was strait forward and timid.... " Not if we leave points on the field" " Not if we play like the cards game" " I have some confidence, but not all of it"

Can you guess what he said to me after that?

Edited by FalconsFan#241

to be honest, the playoffs are a crapshoot. any team can win any game in the playoffs and go on. one bad break or bad call and the game can be decided. the outcome of a playoff game isnt always reflective of the talent a team has. ask the 2010 Aints about that one. we could very well lose our first playoff game this season and i still think we are the best team in the NFL. it literally comes down to luck sometimes. you can say "big time players make big time plays" or some cliche, but it literally comes down to one game and if you have a bad day, your season is over. no predicting the playoffs.

Edited by Cole World

to be honest, the playoffs are a crapshoot. any team can win any game in the playoffs and go on. one bad break or bad call and the game can be decided. the outcome of a playoff game isnt always reflective of the talent a team has. ask the 2010 Aints about that one. we could very well lose our first playoff game this season and i still think we are the best team in the NFL. it literally comes down to luck sometimes. you can say "big time players make big time plays" or some cliche, but it literally comes down to one game and if you have a bad day, your season is over. no predicting the playoffs.

You are about to be " realist " out of town.

I got your back bro!

that being said, talent obviously makes a big difference too. we have alot of talent on the outside, so i wouldnt say anyone is unbeatable with our team. i like our chances to go deep, but i could easily see us losing early too. but its not like any "signature win" is gonna prove we are a great team. its gonna have to come in the playoffs just like it will for everyone else. i think thats the medias big mistake, they think that other teams are already proven and are "playoff tested" when in reality, each playoff game can be decided by one play. its the nature of the beast. win and you get glory, lose and its a failure. winning or losing doesnt actually change the talent you have on your team and if we win a super bowl, it doesnt mean smitty or matt are any different than the people we saw against the giants or packers, it just means they won a few of those crapshoot games.

The host wanted a Falcon fan to call and convince him that the falcons were a capable team to win playoff games and stuff (same old **** the media wants to rant about)

every NFL team is capable of winning a playoff game. the idea that some teams are capable and some arent is ridiculous. any game can be decided by a single play. not to be cliche here, but any given sunday, any team can win. doesnt matter if it happens to be a playoff game Edited by Cole World

every NFL team is capable of winning a playoff game. the idea that some teams are capable and some arent is ridiculous. any game can be decided by a single play. not to be cliche here, but any given sunday, any team can win. doesnt matter if it happens to be a playoff game

maybe we should hope for a saturday game then?