Why Atlanta Gets A Bad Rep As A Sports Town...

isproab

It's because of crap like what Rodney Harrison addressed at the start of Football Night in America. First 2 mins of the show he tells folks in Atlanta to stop texting an calling him saying the Falcons are not a 10-1 team. Really??? I know they were all a-holes that are not fans of this team, but what a way to represent on national television.

I really wish about 100k people would go back to where they came from. If you don't have the stomach to root for this team please STOP WATCHING and stop claiming to speak for this town. Rodgers looks like crap tonight and Eli and the Giants have sucked for 4 weeks, guarantee their fans are still behind them. Steelers turned the ball over 8 times and lost to a horrible Browns team. Be THANKFUL the Falcons can pull out games like that.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodney Harrison has been one of the biggest Falcons supporters this season.

Not sure if the other guys saw it, Rodney was saying the Falcons ARE a 10-1 team. He was stating that people in Atlanta were saying the Falconst ARE NOT a 10-1 team.

Edited by isproab

too many transplants and not enough Grady babies in this city anymore.

I was born in Houston. I live in Miami. I was raised a Falcon.

Ive lived in Atlanta a total of 5 out of 33 yrs of my life. ( I was born in Houston , Texas )

Its still my home and my team.

Its still where all my perceived important family and friends live.

Splain how I dont deserve to bleed black and red?

I was born in Houston. I live in Miami. I was raised a Falcon.

Ive lived in Atlanta a total of 5 out of 33 yrs of my life.

Its still my home and my team.

Its still where all my perceived important family and friends live.

Splain how I dont deserve to bleed black and red?

Splain to me where I said you don't deserve to bleed black and red?

What people in Atlanta, other falcons fans he knows or something? OR just people from the area? This city has so many fans of different teams.

Atlanta, metro area is all about college sports and High School. That's it. The Pro leagues? Transplanted fans of other teams live here. At least a 1/3 of the population here are not from this area.

First of all, who is txting Rodney Harrison?? I'm assuming since he is a tv personality general public doesn't have his private number hence..atleast my assumption it's his family/friends etc..Most of them are probably Patriots fans anyways..I'm pretty sure if you ask any true Atlanta Falcons fan they would tell you that although we have holes on our team we are 10-1 and no one can take that away

too many transplants and not enough Grady babies in this city anymore.

Splain to me where I said you don't deserve to bleed black and red?

That is a pretty bold statement made to make folks not living in Atlanta or from Atlanta feel at the least iffy about their deserved fandom.

Sorry , but I hate that mentality.

My brother and mother were both born at Grady.

What people in Atlanta, other falcons fans he knows or something? OR just people from the area? This city has so many fans of different teams.

Atlanta, metro area is all about college sports and High School. That's it. The Pro leagues? Transplanted fans of other teams live here. At least a 1/3 of the population here are not from this area.

And that's the point I made. Too many transplants(ppl from different states fans of different teams) and not enough Grady babies(hometown fans repping the city).

That is a pretty bold statement made to make folks not living in Atlanta or from Atlanta feel at the least iffy about their deserved fandom.

Sorry , but I hate that mentality.

My brother and mother were both born at Grady.

Well let me break it down to you like this. The Falcons don't have a strong fanbase because most of the ppl that live here aren't from here. Most of those ppl are fans of the team thats from their hometown. That's not a bold statement. That's a fact whether you like it or not. All of the Katrina victims here are still Saints' fans. Most of the ppl from the Carolinas, Tampa, etc are fans of their team from their hometown. Most of the ppl from Chicago here are Bears' fans. Most of the ppl from everywhere else are Dallas and Steelers' fans. These are facts, not bold statements. Those are the ppl that's writing Rodney Harrison and telling them the Falcons arent a 10-1 team.

Edited by Numbaz

And that's the point I made. Too many transplants(ppl from different states fans of different teams) and not enough Grady babies(hometown fans repping the city).

That is a disgusting statement to me.

I know atleast 7 fans whom are more devoted then anyone you can you bring up. They were not not born within the perimeter. I take that back , 1 of them was.

Such a bad way to think though.