Johnny Manziel

Falconsfan567

Johnny Manziel is fixin' to prove what's wrong with the Heisman voting. There are voters out there who will not vote for him in the Heisman because he's a freshman and these voters are still thinking that freshman shouldn't even be allowed to play college football, let alone with any awards. Throw out team records. Throw out that he's a freshman. There is not a player that has been more important and a better player in college football this season than Johnny Manziel and it's going to be a dam shame when he doesn't win the Heisman.

Next Saturday can go a long way in deciding the race, or at least make it interesting. It's Manziel's to lose at this point, but he's got another SEC player breathing down his neck.

Murray would have to have an absolute MONSTER game to even have a chance. I mean, he would need like 350 yards and 5 TDs at least.

Murray would have to have an absolute MONSTER game to even have a chance. I mean, he would need like 350 yards and 5 TDs at least.

Doubt it would be that big of a game, but something close could get it done. Like I said, it's Manziel's to lose at this point, and if he were anything but a freshman, he'd be a virtual lock..but knowing these voters, nothing is ever certain.

If TAMU had played the Gators later in season instead of the first game of the year, I think the outcome would've been different.

You know what? I'm not sure it really would. Outside of Bama (who's defense is a little overrated IMO), he's struggled against the tougher D's. He's been great, but has gotten to feast on some pretty putrid units in the West.

Doubt it would be that big of a game, but something close could get it done. Like I said, it's Manziel's to lose at this point, and if he were anything but a freshman, he'd be a virtual lock..but knowing these voters, nothing is ever certain.

I might have exaggerated slightly. My point is that, no matter how good Aaron Murray plays vs. Bama, I doubt he does enough to catapult himself into a position to win the Heisman. I believe that Manziel should, and will, win it this year.