What Will The 2013 Defense Look Like?

cnasty

Assuming (and hoping) that we keep Nolan and all of our big name players, what kind of scheme will we run next year? Will this be the year that we blow it up and switch to the 3-4? Will we go get players in the draft that will allow us to do that? Do we stay 4-3? I think that our new scheme will actually be no single, set scheme at all. I feel like that as long as Nolan is here, we will probably implement a permanent hybrid scheme and rotate in and out between the two depending on down and distance.

What would you like to see next year vs. what do you think you will see?

I personally feel like there will be a significant improvement. The last two years we've been going more offense heavy in the beginning rounds. With Nolan and the type of impact he's had on a hobbled defense lacking a true identity, that is something that can't be ignored. I see TD drafting more defensively minded like he did in 2010. Hopefully we don't have to waste a 1-3 round pick on a RB and get some defensive playmakers. All I know is there are some holes that need filling.

I have faith that both Holmes and Manley will step up but another stout guard wouldn't hurt.

Defensively we hope that the same is true for Travian Robertson but a NT is all the gossip?!

The secondary is quite natty right now I would hope there is value lower down the draft as aproject job - is a McLain story possible every year?

DE would be a massive concern unless the 3 amigos Sid Mass and Matthews get to improve and state a claim. I can see us looking to pile in if a good one comes our way.

TE Not sure how we resolve this if Tony finally calls it a day. FA or trade maybe Palmer and Gallarda should prove Ok being the back ups they both block decently and have both got decent hands.

RB is perhaps the most exciting develpment. A hard running speed back Chris Ivory would be fine by me!

^^^^ This

Babs and Willy Mo stay maybe so does Grimey. The trench and pass rush is where we could finagle things. Depends on Travian and Micanor versus Peria possibly?????????

Akeem Sid Mass and Matthews, i expect Sid to be the weakest position as he has been here awhile but hasn't broken through. DE, NT MLB in that order.