Akeem Dent, Player Of The Week?

Dent actually played a very good game vs the cards.

not only did he have the 2 tackles for loss but was good in coverage

He is still learning and growing.

It amazes me how people want to cut a guy or proclaim him being a hole on defense when he is really seeing his what 11th game of ACTUAL playing time and not just ST?

It amazes me how people want to cut a guy or proclaim him being a hole on defense when he is really seeing his what 11th game of ACTUAL playing time and not just ST?

He's getting better I agree for me I have like the way he's been able to get off blocks and make tackles at the beginning of the season he was getting eaten and lost when engaged by blocks.Now I'm not saying he's heaven sent but like yourself I'm prepared to give this guy at least a season.Unlike alot on this board who think we need an all pro in every position I think Dent can be a good starter.

He is the reason we are at the bottom of the NFL in Run Defense.

He is the reason we are at the bottom of the NFL in Run Defense.

No...he isn't. Dent barely played at all earlier in the year and we still couldn't stop the run. We aren't running a two LB scheme because Dent isn't cutting it at MLB, and we were clearly content with letting Lofton go so I think it's more of a scheme thing.

Give the guy some time. He has all of the physical tools, he just needs to get some time under his belt in the NFL as well as in our complex defensive scheme.