I Wish The Falcons Ran The Ball Like The Patriots

paul n coke

I noticed something about the patriots tonight. We are comparable as far as size up front on the oline. But they move better than us and execute from a blocking standpoint. We should do a little more misdirection and quick hitting plays. We have to take advantage of how athletic we are up front. Great team line play is more than individuals. It's about guys working well together. A big share of our line problems start because we don't run efficiently. We can't keep throwing 40 and 50 plus times, it is imperative we have a run game. Just think we need to stop trying to "overpower" with our run game and try a little finesse. Another reason I mentioned the patriots is because that's a team no one would confuse with a being a running team but they run good enough to compliment the pass. Just my 2 cents

We will have to make do this year but I hope we address the running game in the off season. What is the fix? Obviously the bucs drafted a RB and reaped the benefits. The first thing we need it would seem is a new feature back. I think Montee Ball is the answer. Can McClure go one more year or should we move Konz to center? Is Reynolds the long term right guard? Will Baker be resigned? Who plays TE next year? Our offense is set at QB and WR. We have some work to do everywhere else. I hope we dont lose our coaching staff. I would like to see what they do with the roster. Jason Witten is a free agent I think. Young TE's outside of new england take time to develop.

This year's Patriots team is quietly amazing. With the performance last night, they are now on pace to break the record for points scored, held by the 2007 Patriots team that went undefeated.

I think that almost nobody realizes it.

To get it though, they will have to earn it, they have both the Texans and Niners on the schedule, although both of those games are in New England, and well actually the Texans defense is looking increasingly fraudulent.