Andy Dalton Vs Matt Ryan

Mr. Right

Through one and half seasons, these are the QBs stats:

Matt Ryan: http://sports.yahoo....ers/8780/career

Andy Dalton: http://sports.yahoo....rs/24822/career

In Dalton's first season, he threw for 20 TDs and 13 Ints. This is with playing the Steelers and Ravens twice a season. Ryan on the other hand threw 16 TDs and 11 Ints while getting to play the Panthers, Saints, and Buccaneers. Both lost in the 1st round of the playoffs.

In Dalton's second season, through 10 games, he has 20 TDs and 11 Ints. Ryan had 22 TDs and 14 Ints in 14 games.

As many predict Ryan to be the greatest QB of all time, does that mean Dalton is god himself? After all, Tom Brady went for 0 TDs in his first season.

Thoughts on the Dalton vs. Ryan debate?

I'll start. Dalton is definitely a better bang for your buck (2nd round pick) but Ryan did play for a bigger school while in college.

Edited by Mr. Right

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least with Flacco they came from the same class. Arguing Dalton doesn't make sense because its years later.

But we've argued Ryan vs. Manning who came a decade before Ryan. Plus, I've already heard Flacco's arguments. One has better stats but the other has more playoff wins.

Edited by Mr. Right

But we've argued Ryan vs. Manning who came a decade before Ryan. Plus, I've already heard Flacco's arguments. One has better stats but the other has more playoff wins.

People compared Ryan to Manning. Only time people wanted to trade away Ryan for Manning was this passed summer when Manning was looking for a team.

With Dalton I just dont really see the point. Somebody might but I dont .... lol

People compared Ryan to Manning. Only time people wanted to trade away Ryan for Manning was this passed summer when Manning was looking for a team.

With Dalton I just dont really see the point. Somebody might but I dont .... lol

Statistically and playoff wise both Dalton and Ryan are very similar. Bengals will likely miss the playoffs this season, just like Ryan did in his second season.

And Manning comparisons occur more often than you suggested.

Edited by Mr. Right

Was Dalton ever a MVP candidate? I don't care what Dalton is doing now compared to what Ryan did. What would Dalton bring to this team now that is better than Ryan? Nothing. That's why Flacco and Ryan are viable comparisons but not Dalton.

How does what you said make Flacco a more viable comparison, besides being in the same draft class? Manning vs. Ryan comparisons persist to this day. Both Dalton and Ryan are young QBs that started from day one.

Edited by Mr. Right