Your Opinion - Daunta Robinson's Play This Year?

truefalcon

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's playing up to the contract, look at others who got bigger contracts this year, gladly I'll pay Dunta for the plays and swag he brings. There are more plays NOT being made because he's out there, that's the key, not the ones that are.

Nah. He was a big reason it was so easy for the Saints a couple of weeks ago.

hmmm better than asante to be honest. id like to see a ratio of big plays given up by the cbs bc dunta has giving up some to be sure, but im pretty sure asante has given up just as many or more big plays. he gave up the td against dallas, after the pick six the radiers drug him up the field on the following drive, asante gave up a huge play to desean jackson on a poor tackle. oh and everyone makes fun of the stiff arm to dunta by ivory, but nobody mentions the piss poor effort asante gave to tackle ivory. even deion sanders who never tackled said come on man when watching asante lol.

The Falcons' Defense played very good up until the Bye week--this includes Robinson, of course. I think his play has fallen off to some degree since the Bye week. I would give him a B- for the season thus far. That said, I think he's played better this year than the past two. I still wish he'd step up his game though.

Did you see how easy that TD to Colston was? It was ridiculous.

I also saw 2 easy TD's by jimmy graham and a long td run by ivory in which it seems that dunta was the only player that made an effort to make the stop, just didnt work. No one else laid a finger on him Edited by ya_boi_j

you pretty much pointed the finger to him only. The entire secondary needs to step it up from Dunts to Moore

This thread is about Dunta Robinson. If somebody starts a thread about William Moore or Stephen Nicholas, I will make sure to mention that they looked hopeless against the Saints passing attack.

Bu honestly, can't blame Nicholas too much. No way he can cover Jimmy Graham, that matchup shouldn't happen.

This thread is about Dunta Robinson. If somebody starts a thread about William Moore or Stephen Nicholas, I will make sure to mention that they looked hopeless against the Saints passing attack.

Bu honestly, can't blame Nicholas too much. No way he can cover Jimmy Graham, that matchup shouldn't happen.

no ish this thread is about him. Putting most of the blame on him for the loss against the Saints is a little unfair. We all know how you feel about him but you have to recognize the poor play of the other men as well.

He's playing well. I love how some point to a few bad plays as if the NFLs top 20 CBs dont ALL have a few bad plays to point to. It means nothing to point to a few bad plays relative to the position he plays.

Taking his play on whole, I'd say he's better in coverage this year than any year past and better overall this year period.

He's playing well. I love how some point to a few bad plays as if the NFLs top 20 CBs dont ALL have a few bad plays to point to. It means nothing to point to a few bad plays relative to the position he plays.

Taking his play on whole, I'd say he's better in coverage this year than any year past and better overall this year period.

We have had far worse in recent years.

Personally I like watching him Hit people.

he has been so-so, nothing spectacular...although he did start the season off with a roar, him and the rest of the D has regressed I beleive. We are old in the CB position I think we need to look at drafting one in the top 3 rounds in 2014...I think we only carry McClain, Owens, Samuels and robinson in to next year and pick up someone else/retain grimes

He has been pissing me off with his drops of easy int's. he has dropped 3-4 balls that hit him in the hands and i think he had one during our loss to NO.

His coverage has been mediocre at best. I would rate 5/10 and thats being generous.

That is true but id still say his play has been 5/10 ....now that will let you know what i thought of his play previous year. I see us cutting him in off season and signing my boy grimes.

Edited by MattyICE2Roddy

I think the biggest thing I don't like is the way he tackles sometimes it seems to my untrained eye that he's going for the knockout and doesn't try to wrap up the guy. I'm sure it's scheme but I lose my mind on 3rd downs and he's playing 8 yards off and past the first down marker then gives up the first down. On the other hand I've seen him playing so tight it was close to PI and the wr still caught the ball because it was a good pass and catch. I can admit however I'm just not a big fan of his for some reason. There are other players that could make more bad plays but I'd still like them (spoon, ryan, abe, bab, biermann, etc) but there's just something about him I personally don't like and more than likely it has nothing to do with football. Same way I don't like Steve Smith, Eli Manning, or Miles Austin.