Auburn Under Investigation... Again

BeachDawg21

Un ******* believable. I want Jacobs', Chizik's, Trooper's, and Luper's heads on spikes after this weekend.

Also, the story confirms that Trooper and Luper were indeed taken off the recruiting trail this season, despite their denial of that.

yep that has been rumored (regarding luper and trooper) for a few months now about them being taken off the trail. this also will affect on who becomes head coach at auburn with an investigating looming over it. trooper is a crook and everything that is wrong with college athletics. trooper was run out of knoxville for rules violations in miami with morley and others. trooper was then ran off by okie state after just one year. chizik hired trooper for a reason and it wasn't due to his coaching.

What are the chances Auburn themselves tipped off the NCAA?

Is it possible they want Chizik gone so much that they would eat a few years of probation in order to avoid paying Chizik's $7.5 million buyout? Loeffler and Van Gina also have pretty sizeable buyouts too if I'm not mistaken. You add all that plus the money you would have to pay an entirely new coaching staff, that puts Auburn in a bad way financially.

The stipulation in Chizik's contract that says Auburn does not have to buy him out if he's fired due to the results of an NCAA investigation seems motivation enough to me to take a kick in the curlies for a few years just to get him out of there and be able to keep all that money.

What are the chances Auburn themselves tipped off the NCAA?

Is it possible they want Chizik gone so much that they would eat a few years of probation in order to avoid paying Chizik's $7.5 million buyout? Loeffler and Van Gina also have pretty sizeable buyouts too if I'm not mistaken. You add all that plus the money you would have to pay an entirely new coaching staff, that puts Auburn in a bad way financially.

The stipulation in Chizik's contract that says Auburn does not have to buy him out if he's fired due to the results of an NCAA investigation seems motivation enough to me to take a kick in the curlies for a few years just to get him out of there and be able to keep all that money.

The fact that they are still looking into Jovon Robinson leads me to believe there's something there. Combined with the epic beatdown Auburn will suffer saturday, this ordeal will be all the more reason to clean house.

The fact that they are still looking into Jovon Robinson leads me to believe there's something there. Combined with the epic beatdown Auburn will suffer saturday, this ordeal will be all the more reason to clean house.

Thanks for Foster and Lawson.

Ok not Lawson, but thanks for Foster

I'm thinking this still has something to do with Cam Newton. I have met Jon Bond (the Miss. State alum who broke the original Cam Newton recruiting "scandal") couple of times now and he has always said that the title will be taken away from Auburn. So I'd be curious to see if Cam's name gets brought up here... Coincidence Cam is having a bad year in the NFL?? All pure speculation tho.

I'm thinking this still has something to do with Cam Newton. I have met Jon Bond (the Miss. State alum who broke the original Cam Newton recruiting "scandal") couple of times now and he has always said that the title will be taken away from Auburn. So I'd be curious to see if Cam's name gets brought up here... Coincidence Cam is having a bad year in the NFL?? All pure speculation tho.

A couple of things. First Cam having a bad year in the NFL has nothing to do with being under NCAA investigation. Second, the NCAA cleared Auburn of any wrongdoing in the Cam Newton case. They closed the door on that. There has been no new evidence to make them open that case back up.

A couple of things. First Cam having a bad year in the NFL has nothing to do with being under NCAA investigation. Second, the NCAA cleared Auburn of any wrongdoing in the Cam Newton case. They closed the door on that. There has been no new evidence to make them open that case back up.

I was kidding about his bad year, obviously. And no they did not close the door on that.

I was kidding about his bad year, obviously. And no they did not close the door on that.

Saying it had found no violations, the N.C.A.A. announced the end of its 13-month investigation into Auburn’s football program Wednesday, including the recruitment of the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Cam Newton.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/13/sports/ncaafootball/auburn-is-cleared-in-investigation-into-cam-newtons-recruitment.html

Saying it had found no violations, the N.C.A.A. announced the end of its 13-month investigation into Auburn’s football program Wednesday, including the recruitment of the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Cam Newton.

http://www.nytimes.c...ecruitment.html

I see what you're saying, and I'm not poking fun at Auburn or trying to start rumors or be that kind of guy at all. I just know what I've been told

I doubt anything new on Cam resurfaces but I do think that investigation left a bad taste in the NCAA's mouth. The higher-ups, including Emmert, were not pleased that a loophole in the rules allowed Cam and Auburn to skate and, in the process, made a mockery of the NCAA. It was also well publicized at the time that Chizik went after an NCAA rep during the SEC meetings. I am pretty sure the NCAA has had Auburn in its cross-hairs since all of that went down and this time, in my opinion, they will not leave empty-handed.

I cant see the NCAA digging up that skeleton again unless new evidence is found. But nothing would surprise me with regards to an investigation involving trooper.

I doubt anything new on Cam resurfaces but I do think that investigation left a bad taste in the NCAA's mouth. The higher-ups, including Emmert, were not pleased that a loophole in the rules allowed Cam and Auburn to skate and, in the process, made a mockery of the NCAA. It was also well publicized at the time that Chizik went after an NCAA rep during the SEC meetings. I am pretty sure the NCAA has had Auburn in its cross-hairs since all of that went down and this time, in my opinion, they will not leave empty-handed.

Oh I don't doubt that one bit. The NCAA doesn't like to be made to look like fools. They were going to keep digging into the Auburn program until they found proof of something they could penalize Auburn for. But it doesn't hurt the NCAA's efforts any when thugs like Trooper doing what he does.

oh, it's about $cam, but it isn't about $cam!