If The Falcons Go One And Done.... Again, Then What?!

Sui_Generis

Before I pose this question I want to make it clear that I am beyond ecstatic that this squad is 9-1. Even though some wins have reeked of sheer luck and ugliness, I believe the Falcons are in a nice spot.

With that said, if the Falcons go one and done again after securing HFA, what or who changes? Quite frankly, I am not sure what to change. What a quandary.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep trying.

This team has a lot of holes. They are going to have more come this off season.

The Falcons need a DE, a MLB, and they will probably need secondary help too after all the salary cap issues shake themselves out. And they are going to need a new starting RB.

I don't think the Falcons need different personnel on the OL, I really think the two young guys need to develop and the whole group needs an infusion of attitude.

pretty much what peyton said...i'll get excited around mid-March thinking about the falcons having their full compliment of draft picks......although i'd be lying if i said i wasn't getting concerned about Dimitroff and the scouting department's increasingly evident lack of ability in identifying and drafting good O and D line players.

I like MS as a HC but i'm starting to question him, he handed the starting LT and RG jobs to the very people that lost them last year, then stated that there would be an open competition for every spot on the OL, that was total BS, while baker has been better it's not enough.

Our problems are the Trenches, we need a huge upgrade on both the OL and DL

I don't think the OL has a single player that would start for another winning team.

Other than Abe, the DL doesn't have a player that would start for another winning team, well maybe Babs

I like MS as a HC but i'm starting to question him, he handed the starting LT and RG jobs to the very people that lost them last year, then stated that there would be an open competition for every spot on the OL, that was total BS, while baker has been better it's not enough.

Our problems are the Trenches, we need a huge upgrade on both the OL and DL

I don't think the OL has a single player that would start for another winning team.

Other than Abe, the DL doesn't have a player that would start for another winning team, well maybe Babs

I think Mike Smith has done the best he can do with the players on the roster. And the best he can do has been pretty good.

not judging this stmt. - but would like to know why?

Well they probably aren't going to have Tony Gonzalez, and he has been critical to the Falcons offense this year.

I think Dunta and Brent are going to be gone, and Dunta may not be much of a loss, but it's hard be too excited about a defense that is running Owens and or Franks out there as the nickel.

I guess I just think next year the Falcons will really need to have some impact rookies, and they don't have a recent history of that really, except for Julio.

Well they probably aren't going to have Tony Gonzalez, and he has been critical to the Falcons offense this year.

I think Dunta and Brent are going to be gone, and Dunta may not be much of a loss, but it's hard be too excited about a defense that is running Owens and or Franks out there as the nickel.

I guess I just think next year the Falcons will really need to have some impact rookies, and they don't have a recent history of that really, except for Julio.

What makes you think Falcons are cutting Dunta? I don't think he is very good - but he is a team guy and if cutting him does not save money on the cap - I doubt he gets cut.

Gonzalez? he said 95% chance he would retire - i think its probably more like 60/40 he retires. If Falcons win a playoff game or two and he thinks Falcons are close - i could absolutely see him coming back - especially since he is likely going to pro-bowl this year.

Core players and key contributors will all be back:

Matt Ryan

Roddy White

Julio Jones

Sean Weatherspoon

John Abraham

Kroy Bierrman

Assante Samuel

Dunta Robinson

William DeCoud

William Moore (he will be franchised if need be)

I just don't see a big dropoff. Falcons will re-sign Matt to cap-friendly deal, will probably add one more key free agent and hopefully Dimitroff gets a couple of impact players early with starter potential.

Not seeing the dropoff you are predicting.

What makes you think Falcons are cutting Dunta? I don't think he is very good - but he is a team guy and if cutting him does not save money on the cap - I doubt he gets cut.

Gonzalez? he said 95% chance he would retire - i think its probably more like 60/40 he retires. If Falcons win a playoff game or two and he thinks Falcons are close - i could absolutely see him coming back - especially since he is likely going to pro-bowl this year.

Core players and key contributors will all be back:

Matt Ryan

Roddy White

Julio Jones

Sean Weatherspoon

John Abraham

Kroy Bierrman

Assante Samuel

Dunta Robinson

William DeCoud

William Moore (he will be franchised if need be)

I just don't see a big dropoff. Falcons will re-sign Matt to cap-friendly deal, will probably add one more key free agent and hopefully Dimitroff gets a couple of impact players early with starter potential.

Not seeing the dropoff you are predicting.

And other key NFC teams (Packers, 49ers, Giants) will have personnel and probable coaching staff changes also....minor ones perhaps, but changes.....that's what i meant when i said that the NFL is a league of transition.