Lofton Getting Lazy

Trouble

Lofton’s Slump Continues

Expected to shore up the middle of the Saints defense, linebacker Curtis Lofton has been a bit of a disappointment through 10 games. The Saints have struggled with tackling all season and despite the lopsided win, this game was no different with regard to their inability to take down ball carriers. Lofton contributed two of the team’s 11 missed tackles and his season total of 12 is now one more than he had all of last year.

After ranking 12th among inside linebackers in tackling efficiency in 2011, Lofton is currently 28th out of 35 qualifiers as he’s missing one tackle every 7.8 attempts. Lofton has represented a slight improvement for the Saints at the middle linebacker position, but he needs to get back closer to his 2011 form if they hope to make a second half surge.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/20/refo-saints-raiders-week-11/

I'm sure Lofton's doing what Spags wants him to do.

I haven't watched the Saints enough this year to give an opinion of Curtis Lofton. But I think I can safely say, with the Saints last in rushing defense and second to last in YPC allowed, somebody on the defense isn't doing what Spags wants them to do. Probably more than one person.

I haven't watched the Saints enough this year to give an opinion of Curtis Lofton. But I think I can safely say, with the Saints last in rushing defense and second to last in YPC allowed, somebody on the defense isn't doing what Spags wants them to do. Probably more than one person.

Yes, its been a collective effort.

You're starting 17 Mil over the cap next season the TV money isn't going to drastically increase the cap any time soon and you have several key FAs in 2014.

I don't know what he's got planned, but unlike us that's what these GMs sit around doing. They go to all the meetings so none of them are getting blindsided.

I know teams can carry over any cap space from this year. I think they've got a couple million. I'm guessing a couple are either renegotiating or getting cut. Smith, Ellis, and Harper come to mind.

Doesn't matter he's better than what we had and the only good player in our front 7. Don't care about a stat , from what happens on the field he's been good and his coverage is underrated. I'm finally convinced that falcon fans expect linebackers to cover like revis.

Edited by Worship Breesus

At least Lofton has a chance to miss tackles, unlike Dent who runs head first into Babineaux's @$$ every play.

Dent actually played well vs the cards.

He was out of position on one of the big runs but he also made 2 or 3 tackles behind the LOS and had a few good plays where he shed the blockers well.

6 mill- sedrick ellis gone. 7 mill - vilma reduced and will be next year also. 10 mill- Will smith reduced and he's good as gone. Now again can remind me about these cap problems?

*sigh*

Even if you DO cut those players it is not going to reduce the hits by the amount that they are owed.

Not only are you that much over but you have several FA's again

And if you cut those players you have to replace them.

And as of now Will Smith is still your best End. And Ellis is your best D tackle.

*sigh*

Even if you DO cut those players it is not going to reduce the hits by the amount that they are owed.

Not only are you that much over but you have several FA's again

And if you cut those players you have to replace them.

And as of now Will Smith is still your best End. And Ellis is your best D tackle.

Umm no. Sedrick ellis is our worst d-lineman on the team. Our best is a rookie who has taken his starting spot. In fact he's last in our 4th in our rotation. Smith sucks also and cam jordan and junior gallette are our best d ends and his contract is expiring also. Don't comment on what you don't know please.

Edited by Worship Breesus