92.9 The Game

Just listening to a segment where they were discussing Matt Ryan and whether he was elite or not, and kept saying that he has thrown 9 interceptions the past 3 weeks...this irked me to no end, I just feel like if youre on the radio you should have your facts straight. They also kept saying that he needs a running game and prolific defense to be successful, so my question than is...what season have they been watching?

I like the station but I'm not in love with their 2-6 pm team. I just get the impression that Kordell and the other guy are doing their best to manufacture hot button issues to compete with 790 & 680 during that time slot. I'll give them a few more chances though.

I do prefer Jamie and Jerome to the "Red Zone" on 790 and I'd definitely listen to them over Buck & Belue. I'm still baffled as to how they've lasted for so long.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

That station has been terrrrrrible. I listen during commercials of the other two and its a bunch of people that never paid attention to Atlanta sports until they got this job

usually I am not impressed with any announcers...........but the guys who come on 94.1 during and after the game; I like them and they say some really good stuff.

The only positive about the new station is the signal strength...that's it.

The AM show stinks the format is awful as is the 2-6 show. There's no reason to have 3 hosts let alone the 2 male / 1 female stereotypical format. I've given the station a fair shot and its just not for me, they're trying too hard to make their mark and it's embarrassing.

The comments about Ryan this afternoon were pathetic...is Atlanta "letting him off the hook for the last 3 games?". Yeah maybe they are because of his last 5 years of work to back his status up as the starting QB. Trying to manufacture controversy is uncomfortably obvious. Don't even get me started on the times they try to check their Texts only to change the subject immediately...ie no texts. Lol

Having worked in the radio industry I can say with an educated opinion that without a major overhaul the station will fail.

Oh and 24/7 Atlanta centered sports talk....good luck with that.

The AM show stinks the format is awful as is the 2-6 show. There's no reason to have 3 hosts let alone the 2 male / 1 female stereotypical format. I've given the station a fair shot and its just not for me, they're trying too hard to make their mark and it's embarrassing.

The comments about Ryan this afternoon were pathetic...is Atlanta "letting him off the hook for the last 3 games?". Yeah maybe they are because of his last 5 years of work to back his status up as the starting QB. Trying to manufacture controversy is uncomfortably obvious. Don't even get me started on the times they try to check their Texts only to change the subject immediately...ie no texts. Lol

Having worked in the radio industry I can say with an educated opinion that without a major overhaul the station will fail.

That's been my issue. It's painfully obvious to me with the evening show. Like I said though I do like the 10-2 show surprisingly.

Don't really listen to the station in question, but throwing 5 interceptions in one game is enough to make anyone's eyes pop. Games like that can never happen again if we are serious contenders for the bowl. We got away against arizona but if that were the saints, packers, texas, 49ers, or bears, we would have gotten blown-out period. Gotta fix those mistakes matty ice.

The Game:

I guess it's best not to be homers, or to kiss-up to the new market down here, but they seem to be taking it too the extreme...

Just listening to a segment where they were discussing Matt Ryan and whether he was elite or not, and kept saying that he has thrown 9 interceptions the past 3 weeks...this irked me to no end, I just feel like if youre on the radio you should have your facts straight. They also kept saying that he needs a running game and prolific defense to be successful, so my question than is...what season have they been watching?

Edited by Rise

The Game 3 weeks ago:

"Atlanta where are your fans? Where is your excitement and commitment to your sports teams?" "Where is your confidence?" "Why are you not excited about this team or Matt Ryan?"

"Let's talk about your team Atlanta!" Let's talk about it ..Call-in!"

The Game last week:

"Your teams are not really that good".."OMG! You lost to The Saints, Atlanta!"

"How would you handle if they failed again?"

Matt Ryan maybe..is not top 5 QB in The NFL..

This team...lost a game...They are really not that good.. You should panic..Let's talk about it!..Call-in!"

lol Really, it's good technique to get calls when a show is sluggish, but it may backfire..

I think they are trying to be un-biased, but it's looking a bit too nasty for this market..And they would not be acting like this up North...lol. I'm sure of it.

YHWH is Elohim

Edited by Rise

What's even more funny is that some of the hosts that they've hired who were in this market for years on the other stations----now all of sudden are these (Hard---es) when it comes to The Falcons, or the other local franchises..(and Matt Ryan, etc..).

lol...

Where was this attitude years ago from the local veteran host that they're hired?

YHWH is Elohim

Edited by Rise

AM/Afternoon Drive Shows: FM Morning/Afternoon drive without the music..but I doubt a total sports-jock show would work for FM.. They have to woo the women - with a female co-host, and some Morning Drive Pop appeal..

Edited by Rise

That station has been terrrrrrible. I listen during commercials of the other two and its a bunch of people that never paid attention to Atlanta sports until they got this job

Damnz I know they do suck, and I was hoping they would be a decent station to listen to in the evening but they suck really bad and it's like they they don't give a chit that they suck. And I don't mind homer bashing but you'd better be knowledgeble. And yea there are some **** good sports talk stations throughout the south just none here in Atlanta I guess 790 wins by default but even they can be grating at times.

Their is a app on the iphone called tunein radio. (It could be available for other phones too) It's probably the best app that I have.

You can listen to sports radio all over the country with this app. They have podcast also, so if you want to listen to older episodes of Colin Cowherd or Mike and Mike it's all there. Tunein Radio is like having cable for your radio. The best part is its free.

Sounds pitiful. If they want to create a discussion they should throw questions about the less set-in-stone starters like Turner, Dunta, Peria, McClure and Clabo. I guarantee you every real Falcon fan in the country has an opinion on which one of those guys should be replaced and which ones should be given another chance or two.