Tampa Bay Game Is A Must Win

This game would seal the DIVISION fate and would be a confidence builder before Saints come to town on THU..

If we win on Sunday.... We would be 4 GAMES ahead of SAINTS and Bucs... Division would be out of their reach and we can worry about HFA after that.

Next week games are against the Division opponents. If we WIN Next 2, Saints and Tampa bay both can forget Division and start thinking about WC (Saints most likely out)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Saints lose 2 more games it may be a wrap for their playoff chances because I think that the only playoff spot that will look clinch-able at 9-7 is the NFC East division.

The Taints aren't making the playoffs, no chance. They have a tough San Fran team this weekend, who can win with C. Kaepernick. That Defense is going to POUND them. Then they get us on a short week. Not saying that we'll be in any better shape, but we will be at home. And I feel like there is revenge due. Something tells me that the Taints will be hurting after the Niners and Falcons get done with them.

I don't know why, and there is no evidence that contributes, but I feel like you'll see the best 60 minutes of football possible from the Falcons on the 29th. Just a hunch. I feel like this team is secretly PI55ED, and they're gonna unlease h3ll on them cajuns come Thursday...

If the Saints lose 2 more games it may be a wrap for their playoff chances because I think that the only playoff spot that will look clinch-able at 9-7 is the NFC East division.

I think so too. I actually can see the Redskins grabbing that spot from the Cowgirls and Giants. It will be tough, but looking at the schedule, they can be on the outside looking in.

Not a must win, but a HUGE game. A win would just about clinch the division and we can put more focus at winning to get the bye week for the playoffs and home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Falcons will win this game by a touchdown..they have played alot better on the road than at home and I expect us to bring Tampa back to reality

I'll take that

This Tampa Bay game is indeed a must-win because any semblance of this being a team destined to go deep into the play-offs got blown out of the water by coughing up the win at NO and crapping the bed vs the Cards at the Dome. Any alleged solid evidence this team was going to the Super Bowl because of victories over the Eagles and Cowboys has now been dispelled by the simple fact that it's now obvious both of these teams just aren't any good.

Tampa Bay is a horse of a whole 'nother color. They are on a hot streak, have a good young QB who has weathered the ups and downs of his first couple of years in the NFL and has come out looking like a leader. The team has a tough, in-your-face coach who has the team fired up and believing it can beat anybody they play. Their running back is one of the best in the league, which is not a good match-up for the Falcons group of whiff-tackling LBs and secondary.

A Falcons win would right the ship and put the rest of the NFC South on notice that we own this division, not the idiot Saints. It would also infuse some confidence back into this team after having struggled through most of the season against mediocre competition with the exception of the Broncos. If they lose, their confidence will sink even further into the muck, the division will still be up for grabs and they will look far more like a team heading back down toward mediocrity than a team firing on all cylinders and gearing up for a deep play-off run.

With Smith's scared, timid, overly-conservative game-planning and the general lack of creativity and aggressiveness by Koetter, I see another game where the Falcons start slow and flat and quickly fall behind. From there we'll need a heroic effort by the defense to keep the game from getting out of hand, and if they manage that, Ryan will be called upon to pull another rabbit out of his helmet with 35 or 40 seconds left on the clock and the Falcons trailing by at least a field goal. Not an appealing scenario to say the least, but it's hard to predict anything different considering our inability to shore up our weaknesses and the abysmal game vs the Cards.

No it is not a must win. Just about every team in the league this year has screwed the pooch several times. We still have the best record in the conference.

You guys really have going off the deep end to an art form. Its not a must win until we are either fighting to stay in the playoff run or actually playing a playoff game.

No this is not a must win.

It is not even close.

When you are 9-1 there are no "must win" games

Even if we did lose we still would be #1 in the conference no matter what happens.

The idea is ALMOST as laughable as the idea week 1 was a "must win" game.

then again there are few things that touch that level of stupidity.

The term "must win" is becoming like the word "literally." People never use it to mean what it means. It is time for a reset.

Games we literally must win: (1) Any game which would eliminate us from playoff contention if lost, up to and including the last regular season game. (2) Any playoff game, up to and including the Super Bowl.

Thank you and goodnight.

No this is not a must win.

It is not even close.

When you are 9-1 there are no "must win" games

Even if we did lose we still would be #1 in the conference no matter what happens.

The idea is ALMOST as laughable as the idea week 1 was a "must win" game.

then again there are few things that touch that level of stupidity.

So you already making an excuse now If we did lose??it wasn't a must win because we are 9-1....I swear you people make no sense. I'm glad most of the people on this board don't play or have any inside connections to the team or we would be screwed..