Matt Ryan

Actually, Matts throwing mechanics are very sound.

It is a great picture of him.

No, no... I'm talking about after he throws, I understand it's all in the motion but it just looks pretty goofy the way his hand is and it seems like the photos always seem to catch him in that pose. This is a link to what I see a good bit in photos of him unless he is dropping back or well after the throw.

721581726.jpg

No, no... I'm talking about after he throws, I understand it's all in the motion but it just looks pretty goofy the way his hand is and it seems like the photos always seem to catch him in that pose. This is a link to what I see a good bit in photos of him unless he is dropping back or well after the throw.

721581726.jpg

That's part of why I chose the picture I chose. Just gotta find a good starting image and work from there. I like the hands down before the throw myself, gives me a better look at the QB.

I guess for me when I looked first I noticed the image in the background of the blurred part then the text then the clear image. That's just the way my eyes processed it I'm sure everyone is different but I think most important it should be appealing to the person doing the work if it's for personal use. Not to say I wouldn't accept input and use it but at the end of the day what the person prefers should rule the day. At this point I personally can't really afford to scoff at any suggestions and at least try them because I'm so new to graphics in general but there are certain things I've done that while I would listen to input I wouldn't change on some of the images I've done.

I'm not sure how you guys do it with a mouse and keyboard. I use two different trackballs with my computers and have done a few things but nothing really detailed until I got a wacom cintiq monitor/tablet deal (actually had to make a usb cable for it because on the monitor side it's s video and usb on the other, had to actually splice then together tons of fun let me tell you). I've been thinking about getting a drawing tablet just so I can have my image on my better monitors for clarity but I really like being able to draw on the monitor so I know exactly where the pen will go in relation to the image. Maybe it won't be too hard to get use to a drawing pad alone. I digress, the other night I was trying to mess with an image and it felt really clumsy with the trackball. I have more control with the thumb trackball but the one you control with your index and middle finger was a no go for sure.

Bad:

14756.png

You don't need a fancy tablet to make signatures, it's all smoke (brushes) and mirrors (filters).

I agree you may not need it but since I have it might as well use it. Also I understand it may not be the correct or best way to do it but when I want to edit something I copy and paste what I want into a new file with a transparent background then use the eraser tool to remove what I don't want in the image then save that as a psd. I've tried other ways but for me it's easier to erase what I don't want.

Edited by wleggett

I'm not sure how you guys do it with a mouse and keyboard. I use two different trackballs with my computers and have done a few things but nothing really detailed until I got a wacom cintiq monitor/tablet deal (actually had to make a usb cable for it because on the monitor side it's s video and usb on the other, had to actually splice then together tons of fun let me tell you). I've been thinking about getting a drawing tablet just so I can have my image on my better monitors for clarity but I really like being able to draw on the monitor so I know exactly where the pen will go in relation to the image. Maybe it won't be too hard to get use to a drawing pad alone. I digress, the other night I was trying to mess with an image and it felt really clumsy with the trackball. I have more control with the thumb trackball but the one you control with your index and middle finger was a no go for sure.

Bad:

14756.png

I cant stand these mice. they're awful.

I use my Razr gaming mouse, works fine for me. I would like a samsung windows 8 tablet, but i'm going to wait until the price drops significantly.

Check this out.

These are great and this one is dirt cheap. Wacom Intous 3

Supes and I use these and Gritz, I believe uses a 5.

The Hot Keys on the side are used to assign a program to.

I just use Flexi, Illustrator and PS.

so I just touch a button to switch between programs.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a262a69b4

Yes that is exactly what I've been thinking about getting. The only thing I like about the cintiq is I can see the photo on the monitor plus draw on the monitor itself so it's stupid easy. Downside is the 15" screen which is why I've been looking to get an actual drawing pad. What's the going rate on one of those used?

$600.00 and up up up.

You could buy a good uses Imac intel ( Aluminum) and an intous 4 for less.

I did a good bit of looking around last night, I'm just not sure how well I would be able to use use to something like that where you don't see what you are working with. The whole drawing on one thing looking at another is odd for me.

Well here's the biggest thing, I can't draw a stick figure so outside messing around with images anything that requires actual drawing skills leaves me WAY behind. I get what you're saying with the mouse and everything What I may do is turn the monitor function off on the cintiq I have and just practice looking at the screen while I'm using the pen. Any comments on the bamboo line of things? I've noticed most people say the intuos is better but I haven't seen any reasons why they're better. Most things I can look at specs and see why one costs much more but with these the pressure and all might as well be written in french. I think more in terms of Ghz and GB.