Game @ Tampa

treefiddy

Our average margin of victory is 4.2 points @ home.

Away from the Georgia Dome, that margin grows to 11.2 points per victory.

Outdoors away from home that margin grows to 15 points per victory!

That said, the game is at Ray Jay Stadium, and we seem to be better in that kind of environmental for some odd reason. Do we roll?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Falcons are the elite Lombardi bound group you hope they are, then yes, it's 41-0 Falcons. Bucs have had some recent success, but nobody in this town will be shocked if they lose Sunday.

I'll be shocked and I'll probably crash some victory formations. But we'll cross that bridge if we get there.

If the Falcons are the elite Lombardi bound group you hope they are, then yes, it's 41-0 Falcons. Bucs have had some recent success, but nobody in this town will be shocked if they lose Sunday.

Agreed! This team as it sits now, is reminding me a boatload of what we looked like in 2010, and we all know how that turned out. It's easy to knockoff teams with lousy quarterbacks. We're GOOD right now. Offensively, REAL GOOD, but not good enough to beat a team with a playoff caliber quarterback. We beat the Falcons Sunday and THAT ALL CHANGES!

Like ya say, No one's gonna be all that surprised if we lose Sunday. We win, and you're talking playoffs and the possibility of actually WINNING a playoff game. Something a certain NFC South team has had severe trouble with recently.

IF the Falcons are really as good as they seem to think they are and as good as their fans insist they are they definitely should beat us by a minimum of 3 touchdowns.

The Bucs have had a weird year with some real stinkers but they've won their last four and they're going to want this one bad. If we take another upset in the near future it'll be this one. That said Ryan bounced back really nice from his last bad game and Tampa's secondary has had bad games against quarterbacks of Ryan's caliber. I still like our odds but I think a three-touchdown beatdown for either team is on the table if one team gets hot quick.

Im not sure the falcons are healthy enough to beat the bucs. Bucs are getting hot and falcons are going down like a game of duck hunt.

226519_o.gif

If the game stays close in the 4th... the falcons win.

Only team the falcons cant seem to beat in a close game in the 4th is the Saints. Get heart attack pills ready.

Agreed! This team as it sits now, is reminding me a boatload of what we looked like in 2010, and we all know how that turned out. It's easy to knockoff teams with lousy quarterbacks. We're GOOD right now. Offensively, REAL GOOD, but not good enough to beat a team with a playoff caliber quarterback. We beat the Falcons Sunday and THAT ALL CHANGES!

Like ya say, No one's gonna be all that surprised if we lose Sunday. We win, and you're talking playoffs and the possibility of actually WINNING a playoff game. Something a certain NFC South team has had severe trouble with recently.

IF the Falcons are really as good as they seem to think they are and as good as their fans insist they are they definitely should beat us by a minimum of 3 touchdowns.

Wow way to go, you managed to goto completely different ends of the spectrum. Your team is playing great congrats. However lets not forget that its not won in the regular season as you and the faithful continue to remind us. Lets also remember what happens does not reflect what will happen in the play off. We remind you of 2010 because we have a "weak" schedule and are beating teams we are suppose to beat even if we art playing ******? This team is completely different from the 2010, and 2011 team. Anyone with an objective point of view can see that we are no longer relying on our run game to win games. The formula used to be stop the run stop the Falcons which is no longer the case. NFCS division games come down to two things, who has the ball last, and who wins the turnover battle. Nothing else matters.

Wow way to go, you managed to goto completely different ends of the spectrum. Your team is playing great congrats. However lets not forget that its not won in the regular season as you and the faithful continue to remind us. Lets also remember what happens does not reflect what will happen in the play off. We remind you of 2010 because we have a "weak" schedule and are beating teams we are suppose to beat even if we art playing ******? This team is completely different from the 2010, and 2011 team. Anyone with an objective point of view can see that we are no longer relying on our run game to win games. The formula used to be stop the run stop the Falcons which is no longer the case. NFCS division games come down to two things, who has the ball last, and who wins the turnover battle. Nothing else matters.

You do realize I was talking about the 2010 BUCS not the Falcons, right?

So now we have to win by at least 21 points??? wacko.png

So now we have to win by at least 21 points??? wacko.png

To be as good as you all hope they are, they need to. If they simply eek out another win against us, then go on to finish 14-2, then take a giant, steaming dump in the playoffs.....Who cares?

You all seem to think the Falcons are some kind of Juggernaut or something. Perhaps they were early in the season. But they're scaring NO ONE at this point. You all are even having to make like Ryan's 5 picks Sunday are no big deal. Freeman does that, or ANY other QB for that matter, and you'd be on him like stink on ****! Wanna prove they're real? Shellack the BUCS!

You all seem to think the Falcons are some kind of Juggernaut or something. Perhaps they were early in the season. But they're scaring NO ONE at this point. You all are even having to make like Ryan's 5 picks Sunday are no big deal. Freeman does that, or ANY other QB for that matter, and you'd be on him like stink on ****! Wanna prove they're real? Shellack the BUCS!

The media is doing that. The main thing out of 6 turnovers game is the fact we still won. every team has games like that where just everything goes wrong. But the falcons found a way to do just enough to win. even if it was vs a no name qb.

Falcons year is now, win it all or die with lots of regular season wins....that mean nothing.

Umm isnt that kinda a bold statement. (insert team name here) year is now, win it all or die with lots of regular season wins....that mean nothing.

Thats kinda every teams stance not just the falcons. But ill take reg season games won vs reg season game defeat any day. If your gonna make postseason those reg season wins mean alot.

Spoonman

263757_10151164080227842_37231145_n.jpg

http://blog.atlantafalcons.com/jayadams/2012/11/21/spoon-tells-media-hes-back/

Linebacker Sean Weatherspoon spoke to the media for the first time in weeks Wednesday afternoon, and before stepping in front of the cameras, he stepped into a large brown jumpsuit he called his “coming-back-to-work-suit.”

Shortly after, Spoon proclaimed that he’s back.

Yeah, I’m ready to go,” Weatherspoon said. “I’ll be out there at practice today.”

Weatherspoon missed the past three games due to an ankle injury suffered against Philadelphia. There was a thought that Spoon would return last week against Arizona, but he shot that down.

“I don’t think I was that close,” he said. “But I feel a lot better this week.”

We could win by 50 and it would not put us anywhere closer to the superbowl.

If we win the next 6 games by a combined 6 pints we get #1 seed with a 15-1 record.

Wining by 3 tds does not make a team better then if we won by 1.

At the end of the day the teams with the best records have a chance at a superbowl

To be as good as you all hope they are, they need to. If they simply eek out another win against us, then go on to finish 14-2, then take a giant, steaming dump in the playoffs.....Who cares?

I hope they turn it over 6 times against the Saints. Any team with a decent QB would slay another team with 6 TOs. If they turn the ball over like that against the Bucs, then DM and JF will tear them a new one. I understand that every team has a few crapola ones sprinkled in, but 6 turnovers in one game...

No matter what offense your team is playing it is hard to win during the SB era with 6 turnovers. During this time (1967-present) teams whose QBs threw 5 INTs and 0 TDs are 1-98...we all know who the one is don't we...

Atlanta benefited from the fact that the Cards couldn't complete a pass. If the Falcons played anyone else and had a -6 turnover margin, they lose. With that said, a win is a win, bring on Bucs!!