Akeem Dent

Clark Kent™

I tried to focus on Dent a little more than normal in this game and I really don't know how i felt about him. I am pretty positive that LSH's big day was in large part to him. There was one of his long runs in particular that he completely went into the wrong gap and LSH took off for a huge gain. I believe he did that on both, but don't quote me on that.

I did see him make some nice TFL's though. He shot the gap very well on two runs i remember distinctly and seemed to be solid in coverage but that one play in particular got me. I think its just because its his first year starting and something he will shore up. He definitely seems like a guy who could hold down the middle though.

I know he graded out "positive" by PFF, but i don't take too much stock in some of their stats. It is encouraging to see however.

I just has NO awareness. It's not a matter of the game being too fast. He'd just be a step slow if that were the case. I could live with that. But Dent is running into holes that aren't holes. He isn't reading his keys. He isn't setting the edge consistently. That's the biggest problem. Teams aren't really gashing us up the middle, it's on the outsides, where our LBs aren't setting the edge.

I tried to focus on Dent a little more than normal in this game and I really don't know how i felt about him. I am pretty positive that LSH's big day was in large part to him. There was one of his long runs in particular that he completely went into the wrong gap and LSH took off for a huge gain. I believe he did that on both, but don't quote me on that.

I did see him make some nice TFL's though. He shot the gap very well on two runs i remember distinctly and seemed to be solid in coverage but that one play in particular got me. I think its just because its his first year starting and something he will shore up. He definitely seems like a guy who could hold down the middle though.

I know he graded out "positive" by PFF, but i don't take too much stock in some of their stats. It is encouraging to see however.

Moore screwed up on the 52 yard run, Willy Mo went in to the wrong gap which made the cut back possible. Safeties have to be disciplined against Doug Martin next week.