Do People Still Believe Sid Is The Answer?

Clark Kent™

To my knowledge the guy did not play a single snap on defense. I know for a fact that Matthews and Mass got a handful of snaps, but unless Sid is injured then I believe its time that some of you who are all on his jock, realize that he is not the answer.

He wasn't benched because Ray Edwards was being payed more. He was benched because Biermann is getting paid more. He isn't some guy who just hasn't got snaps to prove himself. Fact is he has not produced in the snaps he has got.

I still hope its just a matter of how raw he was coming out of college, but it has been what 4 years? If Nolan can't get use out of him then I don't know who will.

I am big time pulling for Mass to get the most increase in snaps. He has real pass rush ability to me.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't really seem to matter much who is opposite Abe right now, there hasn't been much pass rush generated on that side. Biermann has been by far the best of that bunch, but he's still only produced 2 sacks (granted the only 2 sacks from a DE other than JA). With teams having to still focus on Abraham, there should be more than 2 sacks coming from that off side DE. I hope that Mass is the answer, because you hate to see a question that has no answer.

Trivia question...

Who has produced more sacks - the Falcon secondary or the DE's other than JA?

Edited by SwampyMux12

Doesn't really seem to matter much who is opposite Abe right now, there hasn't been much pass rush generated on that side. Biermann has been by far the best of that bunch, but he's still only produced 2 sacks (granted the only 2 sacks from a DE other than JA). With teams having to still focus on Abraham, there should be more than 2 sacks coming from that off side DE. I hope that Mass is the answer, because you hate to see a question that has no answer.

Trivia question...

Who has produced more sacks - the Falcon secondary or the DE's other than JA?

and one of Biermann sacks was him touching a QB that fell

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2012/11/19/falcons-playtime-percentage-chart-vs-cardinals/

PLAYER OFFENSE SPECIAL TEAMS

T Clabo T 73 100% 5 15%

J Blalock G 73 100% 5 15%

S Baker T 73 100% 5 15%

P Konz G 73 100% 5 15%

M Ryan QB 73 100%

T McClure C 72 99%

R White WR 69 95%

T Gonzalez TE 65 89%

H Douglas WR 53 73%

J Jones WR 35 48%

J Rodgers RB 34 47% 11 33%

M Turner RB 33 45%

M Cox FB 21 29% 6 18%

M Palmer TE 19 26% 15 45%

J Snelling RB 18 25% 15 45%

D Davis WR 14 19% 21 64%

M Johnson G 3 4% 11 33%

C Coffman TE 1 1% 8 24%

J Hawley C 1 1% 5 15%

A Smith RB 21 64%

PLAYER DEFENSE SPECIAL TEAMS

T DeCoud FS 58 100% 13 39%

A Dent LB 58 100% 9 27%

W Moore SS 58 100% 5 15%

D Robinson CB 56 97%

S Nicholas LB 52 90% 9 27%

R McClain CB 51 88% 24 73%

J Babineaux DT 50 86% 5 15%

J Abraham DE 50 86%

C Peters DT 41 71%

K Biermann DE 38 66% 19 58%

P Jerry DT 29 50% 5 15%

C Owens CB 25 43% 28 85%

M Peterson LB 23 40% 9 27%

A Samuel CB 16 28%

V Walker DT 15 26% 6 18%

D Franks CB 9 16% 8 24%

C Matthews DE 5 9% 18 55%

J Massaquoi DE 4 7% 13 39%

R James LB 19 58%

M Bosher P 14 42%

C Hope SS 12 36%

J Harris LS 9 27%

M Bryant K 5 15%

Sidbury could play when we drafted him. He has not been on the field except for

special teams for virtually 4 years. O.K. a play here and there. He has a good number of

sacks for the plays he has been in games. I am afraid he has lost his edge due to lack

of playing time. It takes awhile to get up to game speed. Sometimes life is not fair. This

is a talented guy that we have wasted. Biermann is all over the field and you have to like

the effort but he doesn't get many sacks. I think he could play linebacker and let the other

three handle defensive end. I would trust him to make twice the tackles that Dent makes and

shore up our defense against the run.

I'm simply waiting for Nolan's theory of 10 defenders to net 40 sacks to play out. So far it's been JA55 and nobody else which is counter to Nolans entire coaching resume. He loves to bring pressure from everywhere... Not so much lately. To me, this may indicate that Coach Smith is still dipping his hand into the cookie jar. If so, please remove them.

I'm simply waiting for Nolan's theory of 10 defenders to net 40 sacks to play out. So far it's been JA55 and nobody else which is counter to Nolans entire coaching resume. He loves to bring pressure from everywhere... Not so much lately. To me, this may indicate that Coach Smith is still dipping his hand into the cookie jar. If so, please remove them.

being a big fan of Mike Nolan's defenses, I can tell you that Smith has an influence in the defense. the good thing about it though is that Nolan usually has the second half to tighten up what we did wrong in the first half. I've yet to see some of those over-load blitzes or the crazy stunts that I'm used to seeing in Nolan defenses.

being a big fan of Mike Nolan's defenses, I can tell you that Smith has an influence in the defense. the good thing about it though is that Nolan usually has the second half to tighten up what we did wrong in the first half. I've yet to see some of those over-load blitzes or the crazy stunts that I'm used to seeing in Nolan defenses.

That is the disconcerting part. Our second half adjustments have been money as far back as Kansas City; however, we continue to defend poorly in the first half. Just let Nolan have exclusive control over the defensive game plan Smith. It's clear that Nolan is an elite defensive coordinator while Smith is simply average. Dimitroff needs to chew his *** about this.

Who is on Sids jock? Ive seen people hopeful about him but nothing extra ordinary. Strange thread.

Who is on Sids jock? Ive seen people hopeful about him but nothing extra ordinary. Strange thread.

There are several people on his jock. People talk about him all the time like he is some diamond in the rough who is getting screwed over by the FO for snaps. Did no one in this thread watch him in the preseason? Mind = blown at some of the responses. I am not saying he won't be a good DE. I definitely realize that players progress at different rates especially noting where he went to college, but after watching him look bad in preseason and then get zero snaps when two younger and later round picks in front of me should be a telling statement.

But for all i know maybe he was just injured. Who knows? I do know that I fully trust Nolan to get out as much talent as he can from our defensive players.

Do you people honestly think that the FO is going to bench him when he produces on the field? No. Whats the point of that? Why play Matthews and Mass over him? I KNOW its not a contract issue.

I would hate to see him get cut then go somewhere and go berserk

I would hate to see him get cut then go somewhere and go berserk

I'm the same way. Its a similar feeling to what I had for Spencer Adkins after his first few years in the league. Granted he never did much, but i felt he had alot of potential and I remember Pitt/NYG/NE all were looking at him if i recall correctly.

Sid definitely has the physical traits to be a beast pass rusher. I am not suggesting cutting him. I'd rather play the crap out of him and see his progression and if its not much THEN cut him.

That is the disconcerting part. Our second half adjustments have been money as far back as Kansas City; however, we continue to defend poorly in the first half. Just let Nolan have exclusive control over the defensive game plan Smith. It's clear that Nolan is an elite defensive coordinator while Smith is simply average. Dimitroff needs to chew his *** about this.

We really don't know what's going on behind the scenes and I hope this is not the case cause this would piss me off immensely

I haven't really been impressed with the d since Denver. I don't know where all of the aggression went (maybe it went with spoon) bu we need it back.

Its just weird that he logged 4 sacks last year in VERY limited playing time and has basically been forgotten this year. He must really suck at something and it's keepin him off the field.

Its just weird that he logged 4 sacks last year in VERY limited playing time and has basically been forgotten this year. He must really suck at something and it's keepin him off the field.

Agreed. There obviously has to be something there.

We really don't know what's going on behind the scenes and I hope this is not the case cause this would piss me off immensely

You are right, it's complete conjecture on my part. It just appears our pass rush is status quo from years past and leaving all the dirty work for JA55. This is the main thing Nolan hinted would be different about our defense because he prefers pressure from multiple sources.

I haven't really been impressed with the d since Denver. I don't know where all of the aggression went (maybe it went with spoon) bu we need it back.

Well we played extremely well against SD too; however, in most other games we get torched in the first half and then play really well once the adjustments are implemented at halftime. We need a four quarter defense!!!