Everyone Is Saying "omg, Here Comes Tampa's Running Game..."

SwampyMux12

While I'm not entirely optimistic that we'll be able to even slightly contain the "Muscle Hamster", try not to forget that while we have struggled to stop the run, Tampa has been equally (if not more) dreadful at stopping the pass.

This is an interesting matchup as both teams biggest strength matches both teams biggest weakness.

Tampa Bay run off ranking: 9th at 128.9 yds

Atlanta run def ranking: 26th at 130.5 yds

Atlanta pass off ranking: 3rd at 292.9 yds

Tampa Bay pass def ranking: 32nd at 312.6 yds

I have a feeling that the vast majority of "experts" will be taking Tampa in this matchup, since we haven't been consistent at all lately, but if our Offense plays to potential we light these boys up...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm not entirely optimistic that we'll be able to even slightly contain the "Muscle Hamster", try not to forget that while we have struggled to stop the run, Tampa has been equally (if not more) dreadful at stopping the pass.

This is an interesting matchup as both teams biggest strength matches both teams biggest weakness.

Tampa Bay run off ranking: 9th at 128.9 yds

Atlanta run def ranking: 26th at 130.5 yds

Atlanta pass off ranking: 3rd at 292.9 yds

Tampa Bay pass def ranking: 32nd at 312.6 yds

I have a feeling that the vast majority of "experts" will be taking Tampa in this matchup, since we haven't been consistent at all lately, but if our Offense plays to potential we light these boys up...

Those numbers are skewed. Bucs went into prevent defense a lot, at least early on in the season.

And the majority of these big runs that are gashing us are occuring the first half. We're adjusting...just have to get it where we eliminate them all together.

I personally feel a bit more comfortable being on the flip side of this... wouldn't want to walk into a game against the #3 pass offense being the worst in the league at stopping it.

Definitely time for Nolan to start earning that Paycheck... thought Dent played really well in the second half but we gotta keep heads up on those dang cutbacks 'cause that's really been killing us.

Those numbers are skewed. Bucs went into prevent defense a lot, at least early on in the season.

Not following... they've been close games pretty much throughout. Generally you only hit the prevent when you're up a couple of scores late, which definitely wasn't the case at the beginning of the year. They've had some games (KC, Min) where that could have been the case, but those were actually some of their better pass defense games. (250 vs Min, 180 vs KC)

Edited by SwampyMux12

I personally feel a bit more comfortable being on the flip side of this... wouldn't want to walk into a game against the #3 pass offense being the worst in the league at stopping it.

Definitely time for Nolan to start earning that Paycheck... thought Dent played really well in the second half but we gotta keep heads up on those dang cutbacks 'cause that's really been killing us.

I'd like to think we're bend but don't break against the run.

Not following... they've been close games pretty much throughout. Generally you only hit the prevent when you're up a couple of scores late, which definitely wasn't the case at the beginning of the year.

They lost 3 of their first 4 and only beat the Panthers by 6. It's the complete opposite of the case. They weren't in prevent, he's just making stuff up.

What isn't made up is the fact that we bogged the passing game down in the 4th quarter numerous times this season.

They lost 3 of their first 4 and only beat the Panthers by 6. It's the complete opposite of the case. They weren't in prevent, he's just making stuff up.

What isn't made up is the fact that we bogged the passing game down in the 4th quarter numerous times this season.

Yeah, we are frustratingly inconsistent to say the least... we are the epitome of a Jekyll and Hyde on offense. I've never understood why we can look so good one drive and the next look completely incompetent? Unfortunately, this is not a new development, been like this the last 5 years.

And we shut down the passing game in the 4th quarter how many times?

And why would they be in prevent early in the season when they were behind in every game?

Doesn't it baffle you some of the stuff people say to try to make a point. Prevent is usually played late in the 4th quarter, which won't be enough to equate to what the bucs are giving up per game

Honest Abe speaks the truth....this is our call to arms this week ...after Sunday we will know for sure if we are heros or zeros .....

I disagree. If we lose, it just equals up to 9-2, which is still better than most rest of the NFL. It seems like every other week it's 'this game will see if we are real or not'. Some games we win, some we don't. All that matters is if we get to the play offs and then we can start that kind of talk. Until then, just enjoy the season for what it is.

IMO it does, I see this as the statement game, feel free to differ it's a free country ...there will be nowhere to hide vs. Tampa Bay, all will be exposed ....this game is the gut check game ...

This is just another regular season game. Stuff won't get real until we reach the playoffs at this point. We can lose 3 of the last 6 and still win the division hopefully it will be enough to have top seed which is all that I care about at this point. It doesn't matter who we win or lose to if we come out with the top seed in the NFC

This is just another regular season game. Stuff won't get real until we reach the playoffs at this point. We can lose 3 of the last 6 and still win the division hopefully it will be enough to have top seed which is all that I care about at this point. It doesn't matter who we win or lose to if we come out with the top seed in the NFC

I'm not saying we HAVE to win it .but we can not get our azzes handed to us on a plate either ....not this game, we need this one for the team ego, it is important we show well IMO ....

I'm not saying we HAVE to win it .but we can not get our azzes handed to us on a plate either ....not this game, we need this one for the team ego, it is important we show well IMO ....

U need This win for your ego which don't count for sh**. I want the falcons to beat their division opponents but will it eliminate our playoffs hope if we don't, it won't so I think the goal of the falcons is to get the number 1 seed in the NFC