Julio Questionable For Tampa? Eeekkkkkkk!

g-dawg

I was concerned about Julio missing the Cards game but he played - obviously he re-aggravated the injury in the game.

Hopefully Julio gets healthy this week - there are two key games in the next 11 days(@Bucs, vs.Saints-Thurs.)

We really need Julio in those games - especially w/ the anemic running game.

So, no one has said it in so many words...but is there some part of Falcons fans who wouldn't mind losing this week just to hold the Saints down? Anything to keep the Saints out of the playoffs?

If you feel that way, your out of your mind. Tampa is a MUCH greater post season threat than the sAints. They are the more complete team.

I just think having him healthy for the Saints is better than having him limp around for two more weeks.

Smart move would be to sit him out both games with the mini bye after the Thursday game.

So, no one has said it in so many words...but is there some part of Falcons fans who wouldn't mind losing this week just to hold the Saints down? Anything to keep the Saints out of the playoffs?

If you feel that way, your out of your mind. Tampa is a MUCH greater post season threat than the sAints. They are the more complete team.

I just think having him healthy for the Saints is better than having him limp around for two more weeks.

Smart move would be to sit him out both games with the mini bye after the Thursday game.

I have to disagree. Saints have the #32 overall defense but Buccs have the #32 overall pass defense.

New Orleans is a much better offense that has beaten us over and over. Tampa struggles against us

Guest Negatorris

I say rest Julio for this game. I want him at 100% for NO on next Thursday. The Bucs have an even worse secondary than the Saints, so HD should be able to fill in. We would have won the first game against NO if he played the entire time. Don't want him slowing down the healing process, especially when we only have 4 days to prepare for the Aints.

If Julio can't go on that ankle, sit him. I rather him be 100 percent for the Saints game Thursday night.

Exactly. I don't know why the Falcons medical staff let him back on the field seeing as it was visibly still bothering him. Same with Samuel. We need our key guys especially for division games. I commend them for wanting to contribute, but we need them for the long haul

I have to disagree. Saints have the #32 overall defense but Buccs have the #32 overall pass defense.

New Orleans is a much better offense that has beaten us over and over. Tampa struggles against us

I understand. NO is my head too. I just think our obsession with them is causing all of us to lose our objectivity.

I think "tampa struggles against us" is last season’s news. We are running a new system from the one that held them down. We also have a new approach on offense.

We lost to Tampa as recently as last season. The reason we generally looked good against them was because we are the picture of discipline. We don't commit penalties. We don't turn the ball over (except for random easy games). Tampa was the picture of a total lack of discipline. Rah Rah is gone and so is the Tampa team who struggles against us.

New players. New coaches (for both teams). New systems. New season. We can't hang our hat on anything that happened before all those changes.

As far as offense goes, look at the Saints stats and the Bucs stats for the last 5 weeks. I can promise you, you are going to be surprised.