Coach Smith Speaking Right Now...

I didn't even realize that Franks got some snaps on defense. Did we have 4 CB's on the field then or what?

He also mentioned that McClain played LCB, RCB, and nickleback. That guy is amazing and is one our most solid defensive players this year. He is one of our best tacklers too. I see him out hustle most guys too.

Is it a knee jerk reaction to say that Robert McClain could be our next Brent Grimes? He stands a gargantuan 5'9", but plays like he's over 6 foot. I'm absolutely in love with the kid's intensity. Don't want to jinx it, but at 24 years old, I think he can be a key part of this team for a long time.

It might be a little early to say that, but he really has been good. He is more physical than Grimes and seemingly more versatile because he jumped around to different positions, but I am a huge fan of Grimes and I love watching him play. They are different, but both are very impressive.

Smitty also mentioned that Mathews and Mass. got some snaps, but nothing was said about Sidbury. Did he get any snaps on defense? What is the deal with him? I just don't get it. Whenever he has played he has done well so why don't they play him? Is he slacking in practice or what?

Is it a knee jerk reaction to say that Robert McClain could be our next Brent Grimes? He stands a gargantuan 5'9", but plays like he's over 6 foot. I'm absolutely in love with the kid's intensity. Don't want to jinx it, but at 24 years old, I think he can be a key part of this team for a long time.

McClain seems about 4 inches taller than Grimes for some reason...

You're vastly underselling McClain imo. Grimes peaked, McClain hasn't yet, and I don't miss Grimes 1 tiny bit with him on the field. I didn't even miss Asante when he took over for him, now that's saying something.

L O L

That was my initial though too. However, I've re-watched the game. We did not miss nearly as many tackles...and we actually blew up many of thier rushing attempts. They still had 3 too many explosive plays. However, we did tackle better and we get several stops for nice negative yardage. Many times they found themselves in 2nd and 11+

The big plays hurt, but our overall run defense was good enought to keep them in 2nd and long a very high percentage of the time.

I guess the reason it is funny is we just have so much room to improve that just "improvement" isn't enough unless we can project that improvement to continue for 3 or 4 more weeks.