The Offensive Matchup With Bucs Is Interesting

dmo_dlo

TB is ranked first defensively against the run, and we all know how good we are in running the ball. More interestingly, TB is dead last against the pass, even worse than the historic Saints defense. I don't remember ever seeing such disparity in defensive strength midway through the season. In any case, it's a matchup of strength vs weakness for what our offense can do vs their defense when it comes to running or passing. I like that statistical matchup.

TB is ranked first defensively against the run, and we all know how good we are in running the ball. More interestingly, TB is dead last against the pass, even worse than the historic Saints defense. I don't remember ever seeing such disparity in defensive strength midway through the season. In any case, it's a matchup of strength vs weakness.

Ranked first against the run shouldn't affect us too terribly. We haven't developed our run game yet. biggrin.png

Guest Negatorris

It's all about starting quick, just like Philly. If we jump out to a lead, or more importantly, get up 14+ point in the second half, then they're gonna have to abandon the run.

If we start the game with a Td drive, I'm usually confident in our ability to win. In most of the games where we started with a TD drive, we beasted. In all but one. I think it's the key to our success. Interceptions on the opening drives really kill confidence, thus you get the OAK, and ARI game.

Let's hope Roddy keeps his cool in this game. He always allows the Bucs CBs to get him riled up on purpose. They talk ish, go at his knees and get into shoving matches with him to try and throw him off his game. Here's for hoping he plays smart in this one. We're going to need him.

Let's hope Roddy keeps his cool in this game. He always allows the Bucs CBs to get him riled up on purpose. They talk ish, go at his knees and get into shoving matches with him to try and throw him off his game. Here's for hoping he plays smart in this one. We're going to need him.

Talib is with the Patriots now so he should be good smile.png

One thing, they have the Falcons kryptonite sitting in their locker room. A good RB. Could be a career day for ole Dougie.

If Dent would just stick his nose up in that hole and at least try to disrupt something things might change. It pains me to see him react so late (most of the time). He is pretty solid when he sees it and trusts it though.

Oh yeah we need a Man Eater (DT) next year either the Draft or FA. Been wanting one for years now.

If Dent would just stick his nose up in that hole and at least try to disrupt something things might change. It pains me to see him react so late (most of the time). He is pretty solid when he sees it and trusts it though.

Oh yeah we need a Man Eater (DT) next year either the Draft or FA. Been wanting one for years now.

655930.jpg

This game can be exposed by attacking their interrior oline. With Nicks down I call bluff and pressure Freeman so he cannot step into his throws. But Doug Martin will be a different story. This guy is a beast. He has made his money by his stout running and impressive vision.

Same here man. That's the main thing. We can't put it all on Dent. He's getting swallowed by OL.

655930.jpg

Somebody needs to tell him that wearing number "6" does not slim him down at all! LOL!!! I would love to have that behemoth in the middle. Let's just hope that Smitty's pipe dream of having smaller penetrators is over and done...but there is one man who I would not mind if we were still going small...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89459&draftyear=2014&genpos=DT

But that's another year away. Could be a good replacement for Babineaux.

If Cam Newton was an accurate QB, the Panthers should've blown out the Bucs, his receivers were open all day. Falcons passing game should bounce back but expect Turner to have another 15 rush 39 yard type game. On defense, we have our work cut out for us with Martin, Vincent Jackson, and Mike Williams... Vincent Jackson especially, he's a matchup nightmare and he should get his like Jimmy Graham did against us.

I hope the game goes our way. I am really suspect over this one.

Side Note: NFL AM giving us a lot of love this afternoon. We are the best team because of our win after 6 turnovers. We found a way to score points despite the offense being shotty.

I like what they had to say. It was nice to hear the talking heads thinking the same way I do. Usually we aren't on the same page.

I hope the game goes our way. I am really suspect over this one.

Side Note: NFL AM giving us a lot of love this afternoon. We are the best team because of our win after 6 turnovers. We found a way to score points despite the offense being shotty.

I like what they had to say. It was nice to hear the talking heads thinking the same way I do. Usually we aren't on the same page.

Can you believe that... Ryan plays his worse game and We getting love all over the board... Even ESPN is not killing us LOL

I heard Mooch and Prime Time last night.. They both were like.... This is Coach Smith Resilient team

One thing, they have the Falcons kryptonite sitting in their locker room. A good RB. Could be a career day for ole Dougie.

I think our run defense is not as bad as it looks statistically. A lot of our apparent tendency to give up big runs is because we play aggressive by design. Our players are more concerned with getting in the backfield than with containment. When you play as aggressively as we do, you're bound to lose containment and give up big runs. In my opinion that is by design. The math goes like this: you give up big plays every now and then but you also make a lot of plays in the backfield that are for a loss or minimal gains and you put pressure on the QB to contain passing yards and plays. You hope that in a series of down you get a couple of those plays and make them punt. So far it has worked because we're ranked 6th in scoring defense.

Take a look at the runs yesterday. We gave up yardage and two big runs but we were able to tighten up when we wanted. This is a breakdown of running plays ARZ had yesterday:

First half:

plays < 0 yards = 3

0-2 yards = 2

3-5 yards = 3

5-10 yards = 2

10+ yards = 2

Second half:

plays < 0 yards = 3

0-2 yards = 9

3-5 yards = 2

5-10 yards = 3

10+ yards = 0

We rank 26th or so in rushing defense but so far I haven't seen a team that has been able to run at us consistently and at will throughout the game.

Can you believe that... Ryan plays his worse game and We getting love all over the board... Even ESPN is not killing us LOL

I heard Mooch and Prime Time last night.. They both were like.... This is Coach Smith Resilient team

Yea man , weird stuff going on out there. So all it took was us playing our worst and still winning and now they all like us. lol

Somebody needs to tell him that wearing number "6" does not slim him down at all! LOL!!! I would love to have that behemoth in the middle. Let's just hope that Smitty's pipe dream of having smaller penetrators is over and done...but there is one man who I would not mind if we were still going small...

http://www.nfldrafts...=2014&genpos=DT

But that's another year away. Could be a good replacement for Babineaux.

Indeed, it is essential to have at least one monster DT to keep MOFOs off our LBers so they can make plays, and is essential component of big nickle as well, that mofo is baby Grady, LOL, bring him home TD !

Yea man , weird stuff going on out there. So all it took was us playing our worst and still winning and now they all like us. lol

If we kept playing like this until our last regular season game.. Then I'll be concerned until then I'll take W over L.. As JA55 says.. as long as our left side is going up ... he doesn't care...

We got enough time to get HOT and correct so many things... At least, We have put our team in the position to get into the playoff..

Before the season, So many media talking head wasn't even putting the Falcons in the playoff..