Mike Nolan Is Going To Be Severely Tested

Peyton

I think Asante is going to miss some games, he looked like he was in pretty rough shape. I hope I am wrong, but it didn't look too good.

That leaves the Falcons running Dunta, McClain, and Franks/Owens out there, with the Falcons also missing their best coverage LB.

And some very hot QBs and WRs on the schedule the rest of the way.

Mike better dig deep into that bag of tricks.

And Matt better not have any more games like he did yesterday, or we might see some colossal blow outs down the stretch.

All these injuries are a blessing in disguise... Gives the staff a reason to bench good players prior to our playoff run.

Despite the Falcons home woes, it won't be a blessing in disguise if the Falcons end up having to play three playoff games instead of two.

While I expect him to miss some time let's not go "all is lost" up in here. I think we'll be ok. I actually agree with the other poster in that I have more faith in McClain and Owens to not give up the big play then I do Dunta. That said, I'm not all that worried. Maybe he doesn't sit at all...but if anything I think he sits out the TB game. We have no idea at this stage though.

Hopefully Spoon should be back by the next game.

I was about to say this too. Hopefully that softens the blow a little. But you're right. Nolan is about to be tested, especially with two division rematches coming up. If this season has shown us anything, though, it's that he can adjust. So while it's a cause for legitimate concern, it's not a reason to panic for me yet.

Despite the Falcons home woes, it won't be a blessing in disguise if the Falcons end up having to play three playoff games instead of two.

Honestly, I'm scared of a first round bye. I'd much rather carry momentum instead of getting waxed by 20+ points. If we do end up playing 3 post-season games, it will be for the best.

From his reaction on the sidelines and the tests the medical staff were doing, it's most likely a sprain (partial separation) Since they let him back in the game for a play,

I don't believe it could e worse. That being said, he's out at least for the next 2 games and most likely 3-4. It takes a while to get to full strength and VERY easy to re-injure.

Honestly, I'm scared of a first round bye. I'd much rather carry momentum instead of getting waxed by 20+ points. If we do end up playing 3 post-season games, it will be for the best.

The first instinct is to say "That's stupid".

BUT....five of the last seven Super Bowl winners did not have a bye in the first round. And three of the last seven Super Bowl winners had to win 3 consecutive road games to even get to the Super Bowl.

So...there is something to be said for your point of view there.

I think Asante is going to miss some games, he looked like he was in pretty rough shape. I hope I am wrong, but it didn't look too good.

That leaves the Falcons running Dunta, McClain, and Franks/Owens out there, with the Falcons also missing their best coverage LB.

And some very hot QBs and WRs on the schedule the rest of the way.

Mike better dig deep into that bag of tricks.

And Matt better not have any more games like he did yesterday, or we might see some colossal blow outs down the stretch.

I talked him last night. He said he'd be ok for next week from how he was feelin.

I was worried he'd miss some games too but he said he was good. They'll probably hold him out of practice this week tho.

I hope they dont try and force him back in too quik, we need him for NOLA and the strtch run ....I would much rather they sit him vs. TB than to put him out there less than 100% and he really fk the shoulder up.....