Im Done Defending Our Fanbase

RHEC

We clearly have the worst fanbase, the team won and people are whining. -smh-

We are not perfect, but we find a way to win. That's what good teams do.

-rant over-

I'm Pretty sure the Yankee fans base in baseball is worse.. But I agree our fan base does suck.. I thought I was bad by saying i'm not gonna be happy until we win a playoff game this year.. But at least i'm not crying a river about us winning a game.. we're a good team.. The stupid fans just don't see that..

I'm Pretty sure the Yankee fans base in baseball is worse.. But I agree our fan base does suck.. I thought I was bad by saying i'm not gonna be happy until we win a playoff game this year.. But at least i'm not crying a river about us winning a game.. we're a good team.. The stupid fans just don't see that..

Its actually kind of sad.

Yes, all the holier-than-thou, Homer Zombie ClownShoe Kool-Aide slurping, condescending, bed-wetting, knee-jerk lackeys are terrible up in here. Oh wait, you meant.... nm.

I love when PokerSteve describes me.

It is very descriptive.

We still won and the game is in my favor.

Its still called , I win.

There is a huge difference between a fairweather or bad fan and a fan that loves this team but is concerned about the team's weaknesses and the possible implications. I don't think one should be thrown into the "doom and gloom", "sky is falling" category because they are realistic and wanting to see the changes and improvements that can bring our team success. It just seems to me that either you have to believe that everything is wonderful and bright because we are 9 and 1 or you are labeled a whiner and a hater. I appreciate the success the team has had and do find joy in it, but we need to get better if we hope to achieve our goals for this year.

Edited by I love Julio

I think the dumbest argument in sports is fanbases.

Who the F cares?

Patriots fans are great......Bears fans are knowledgeable.........Cub fans are faithful.......

The game takes place on the field and its what the team on the field does. Fans are spectators. Get over it.......

being a fan doesn't require you to joyfully take it in the rear. If there is a problem you don't have to bite your tongue and smile. what i find disturbing is the fans who do not get upset about a loss or piss poor performance. We can be overall happy with the position of the team and still be objective about things that need to be fixed. It's ok to be displeased with a bad performance.

I think the dumbest argument in sports is fanbases.

Who the F cares?

Patriots fans are great......Bears fans are knowledgeable.........Cub fans are faithful.......

The game takes place on the field and its what the team on the field does. Fans are spectators. Get over it.......

This. Who gives a flying **** about the fanbase? They sit in the stands and watch other people work. Players win you or lose you games, not the fans. Yet it's always the fans being attacked when they didn't ******* do anything to determine the outcome.

being a fan doesn't require you to joyfully take it in the rear. If there is a problem you don't have to bite your tongue and smile. what i find disturbing is the fans who do not get upset about a loss or piss poor performance. We can be overall happy with the position of the team and still be objective about things that need to be fixed. It's ok to be displeased with a bad performance.

laugh.pnglaugh.png

^^^^^This.

And when Michael Turner sucks arss for the whole season and you pay $80 for a ticket to watch Turner not get back to the Line of Scrimmage 8 times in a row - you can boo him and throw in Todd McClure as well.

Maybe the players need to STFU and play. If a player is worried about if a fan boos him or if a player is worried about somebody arriving 30 minutes late to a game - then said player is not paying attention to his job.

"I'm tired of defending our fanbase"........

this statement makes me laugh....I'm trying to imagine 4 geeks wearing Falcons, Bears, Packers and Steelers jerseys arguing about fanbases......

.....and the guy wearing the Matt Ryan jersey getting picked on by the three other guys and the Falcons fan breaking down and crying because the other guys are "picking on him".....

close your eyes and picture it - its hilarious!!!laugh.png

these homers don't grasp this concept though

We clearly have the worst fanbase, the team won and people are whining. -smh-

We are not perfect, but we find a way to win. That's what good teams do.

-rant over-

Didn't you know it's not just winning that counts................it's HOW you look winning !!

How are people to derive their missing self esteem if their team just "eeks out" a win ? No, it must be an impressive win. Total domination. Records set. Bodies carried off the field.

After all, isn't that the way it happens in their precious video games ?? Or FANTASY games....................whatever the h.ell they are ??

Time out !!

I've got to puke.

I am a Falcons fan and will always be a Falcons fan. Not ashamed to say it either. Our team won a game we should not have won statisticly so what we still won the game. Yes we do have some issues but what team dont. The difference in this team than years past we NEVER give up we fight to the end and all but one time have found a way to pull out the win. Sorry guys but that is what top tier teams do. Houston had to go to overtimne to beat the JAGS i bet their fans are not trashing their players on their boards. Come on guys we have something special here lets stand up and be true fans to our team. It is ok to vent frustration but to say we are doomed or we suck is a load of CRAP. We do not suck and we are not doomed. LETS GO FALCONS I BELIEVE IN YOU!

THE MAN IN THE ARENA

Excerpt from the speech "Citizenship In A Republic"

delivered at the Sorbonne, in Paris, France on 23 April, 1910

download PDF of complete speech

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.