Let's Face The Facts Guys, Physical Front 7's Dominate Us

wonderboy09

It seems to me that the main problem with this team is we struggle at the point of attack on BOTH lines and sides of the football. It's been this way for over a decade, even going back to the dreaded Alex Gibbs smallish cutblocking lines. I figured today was going to be a tough game, Arizona has a MEAN front 7 and 2 impact players in the secondary. The main thing that concerns me is that in the playoffs, every D we go against will be extremly physical up front and above average overall. Guys, unfortunately this is our achilles heel.

As much as I hate to admit it we have a team that is very finesse, and when punched in the mouth does not respond well at all and I'm also afraid this has become our reputation around the league. Basically games like this IMO demonstrate why we are 0-3 in the playoffs under Smith and Ryan. Teams are scheming to create pressure and overwhelm our O-line and cause Matt Ryan to make HORRIBLE descisions, which when pressured he will do. Some QB's handle pressure better than others, but Ryan, while a tough SOB, does not. He forces throws far too much when under pressure.

This is a season that still has tons of promise, but when you look along the LOS, both sides of the football, I just don't think we have the personnel to make a Super Bowl push. I hope i'm wrong, and more than anything hope we can just win a playoff GAME, but I have to be totally objective here, we are simply not physical enough up front at this time and we seriously cannot expect to continue to win while being dominated at the point of attack like we do.

Piss poor run blocking and we're so weak in the middle, just attack Mcclure to get instant pressure in Ryan's face.

Agreed. Time to find another solution at Center....and I don't think Hawley is the answer either.

**** no. McClure is a leader and our best lineman.

Edited by kkc86

It seems to me that the main problem with this team is we struggle at the point of attack on BOTH lines and sides of the football. It's been this way for over a decade, even going back to the dreaded Alex Gibbs smallish cutblocking lines. I figured today was going to be a tough game, Arizona has a MEAN front 7 and 2 impact players in the secondary. The main thing that concerns me is that in the playoffs, every D we go against will be extremly physical up front and above average overall. Guys, unfortunately this is our achilles heel.

As much as I hate to admit it we have a team that is very finesse, and when punched in the mouth does not respond well at all and I'm also afraid this has become our reputation around the league. Basically games like this IMO demonstrate why we are 0-3 in the playoffs under Smith and Ryan. Teams are scheming to create pressure and overwhelm our O-line and cause Matt Ryan to make HORRIBLE descisions, which when pressured he will do. Some QB's handle pressure better than others, but Ryan, while a tough SOB, does not. He forces throws far too much when under pressure.

This is a season that still has tons of promise, but when you look along the LOS, both sides of the football, I just don't think we have the personnel to make a Super Bowl push. I hope i'm wrong, and more than anything hope we can just win a playoff GAME, but I have to be totally objective here, we are simply not physical enough up front at this time and we seriously cannot expect to continue to win while being dominated at the point of attack like we do.

error.jpg

I don't believe we're finesse. We are a rugged battle tested team that can win in any situation. We aren't as dominant as the 49ers upfront but we aren't afraid to line up against anyone. We have a never say die attitude. We have our weaknesses but we aren't soft.

We are not going to have major playoff success until this is fixed. Just think how San Fran will do us. Justin Smith and Aldon Smith will have a field day.

Like Von Miller and Dumerville did??

You know the team that is leading the league in sacks yet could only muster ONE vs us I think that was the only time they even hit Ryan.

Yet another fail of a thread.

Ive been talking about this since the offseason... We went into a new season with the same players on the lines but new coaches. Similar outcome.

How is it similar outcome??

Matt Ryan was the number 1 passer in the league coming into the weekend.

you do not get that with out at least serviceable pass protection.

How is it similar outcome??

Matt Ryan was the number 1 passer in the league coming into the weekend.

you do not get that with out at least serviceable pass protection.

What is our weakest link again this season? The trenches.... Its what killed us the last couple of playoff appearances. Now I do see a little better pass protection, but I still dont see any push on the snap. Im just praying the duck tape holds till the clock is at 0:00 in the super bowl.