What Can Be Done About This Oline?

They're gotten even worse under Pat Hill compared to when Paul called the show. At least we could run block.

We are terrible at everything now. Baker and Blalock have been good, but everyone else......it's time for a shakeup. Konz was a good start. It may be time to unseat McClure.

I dunno, but something has to change, we're getting worse and Ryan is taking a pounding the past few games.

Probably nothing. Contrary to the belief of many ppl on here our coaching staff isn't holding back stars on the bench lol as we saw today with our DE's

Our current starters need to pull it fckin together. Unseat McClure though he is the worst of the bunch

Wish Reynolds didn't get hurt. Could move Konz to C and have Reynolds at RG

They could help with the play calling. Trying to run the ball up the middle evey time is not working. Be more balanced. Maybe commit to the run a little more. I cant put all the blame on our backs. We are getting predictable on offence, defences just send pressure up the middle without worrying about us trying to run to the outside. Thats why the toss plays at the end of the game worked well.

They could help with the play calling. Trying to run the ball up the middle evey time is not working. Be more balanced. Maybe commit to the run a little more. I cant put all the blame on our backs. We are getting predictable on offence, defences just send pressure up the middle without worrying about us trying to run to the outside. Thats why the toss plays at the end of the game worked well.

Unfortunately, the problem is threefold. Run blocking is utterly ineffective, inadequate, and unacceptable. Turner is too old, too high-mileage. Koetter/Hills coaching leaves a lot to be desired overall, and with the run blocking and scheming in particular.

A new O line coack and blocking schemes take time to gell.

We should see steady improvement each week and be at our

peak in time for the playoffs.

We have to find a way to get turner to drop some extra weight so he can gain a little more

speed.

He is to slow to hit the lanes, they are closed by the time he gets there.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt this week as I've seen them play alot better.

Benefit of the doubt because the Cardinals were coming off the bye week and had a week and half to game-plan us.

I guess this o-line is never going to be stellar at both run or pass I choose to ask myself with this in mind who would I rather have with the game on the line???

Turner or Ryan I guess its the latter hence why i don't think there doing to bad.

Argh thats all I got.

Edited by kiwifalcon

This oline has run blocked very well in the past. The problem is we spend to much time working on the passing and it shows. The coaches need to find a way to be good at both. I love the fact that were more efficient at throwing the ball but not at the total expence of our run game. The best offence's can beat you both ways. If we have a more balanced approach then we could be very tuff to stop week end and week out. Even the best passing teams have to run the ball with success at some point. Look at the Saints for example, they are running around 45% of the time the last 6 weeks and there now 5-1 in those games. I cant stand those dudes but there is something to take from that.